Notional 2021 Football Schedule

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
That is what puzzles me. I understand Gleason's desire to play. However, why were none of the schools who offered him out of high school interested in him as a transfer? Every school on that offer sheet is a better option than Toledo.
One factor is that everyone is going to have a scholly numbers crunch in 2022 which is going to hurt the prospects for transfers. (Not Sr or Grad transfers, but schools are going to be very picky wrt freshmen xfers)

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I wasnt going to touch this, but hey why not...

From a personnel standpoint its really year 2, not year 3. For most positions that doesnt matter. Particularly all the defensive and s.t. positions. ...
Experience matters a lot on defense, and the cupboard was handed over pretty darn bare, when you count numbers of upperclassmen.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Experience matters a lot on defense, and the cupboard was handed over pretty darn bare, when you count numbers of upperclassmen.
Numbers of upperclassmen maybe. But defensive cupboard certainly wasn’t bare. Likely 8 or 9 of our defensive starters next year are gonna be from that cupboard. On a defense that could be pretty good if our DL doesn’t drop like flies again.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Numbers of upperclassmen maybe. But defensive cupboard certainly wasn’t bare. Likely 8 or 9 of our defensive starters next year are gonna be from that cupboard. On a defense that could be pretty good if our DL doesn’t drop like flies again.
Which did NOTHING for CGC's years 1 and 2, as you know. And you know I was talking about experience. From the first word of the post.

Great job by CGC of embracing the young holdover players, which many on this board wanted to throw over the side, and developing them.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Can someone with an AJC PW explain what Ken is trying to say about the 2020 schedule not effecting the 2021 schedule

2021 schedule is operating as if 2020 was a normal scheduling year. So Pitt is still coming to Atlanta as scheduled despite having also come here in 2019 and 2020. Same for us @Miami (even though 2020 wasn’t actually played). And uga still coming to Atlanta.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
2021 schedule is operating as if 2020 was a normal scheduling year. So Pitt is still coming to Atlanta as scheduled despite having also come here in 2019 and 2020. Same for us @Miami (even though 2020 wasn’t actually played). And uga still coming to Atlanta.
So does ND come to MBS to play us?