official 2009/ 2010 recruiting thread

Ayers said he likes coach Bohannon a lot. Says he will stay close to home. Just picked up a offer from Alabama.

Sounds good, I really like the all the Secondary guys we could get. You gotta have good talent, esp. at Corner, to compete against the big boys. Ayers is the top priority in the whole class to me.

IMO our number 1 target was Mccoy. Got him.
Now on to Ayers who I think is number 2. Were in great shape.
Three would be Bostic.

IMO our number 1 target was Mccoy. Got him.
Now on to Ayers who I think is number 2. Were in great shape.
Three would be Bostic.

Yeah, lack of depth at DT probably makes McCoy #1. In a vacuum, Ayers would be my #1, personally. Either way, great to see that we're still getting good talent on defense with the coaching change, if not better talent.

I agree. The only concern I had with PJ was if he could recruit on defense. So far it seems he is doing a great job. This class on defense should be one of the best we've ever had.

Thanks for all the updates gt23eric. I too am excited about the possibility of signing Ayers and Bostic...and its easy to forget that we already have Sweeting coming in at corner this fall.

How are we looking with our linebacker targets...T. Cornileus, T. Smith, M. Taylor, and D. Smelter (or others I don't know about)? Is there a preference for one over the others?

Thanks again for the info man.

It might be my short memory acting up again but I don't think I have ever seen this much excitement about recruiting this early.

Were in good shape with Cornelius. Top 4. But he has a ton of offers.

Last I seen we were leading for Telvin Smith.

Our top target is Cornelius.

Oh thanks for the props.

Yeah double 0 a lot of excitement is building up very early. Were landing and leading for all our top targets.

Kony ealy is a DE that we have offered. He is from missouri. The staff must be really high on him to offer someone so far away. He has offers from a ton of programs and mizzou has offered him. But we are his top school right now. He is very interested.

He is 6ft6. He plays DE, LB, TE, WR, and backup QB. Schools want him at DE. He had 80 tackles last year and 15 sacks. Dave Wommack is recruiting him. Wow the staff REALLY wants him.

Ayers says he has no leader now. He also has an offer from virtually everyone.

Says he has no leader yes. But other schools believe we are the team to beat. Kinda like Mccoy.

Anthony Williams was asked what team do you want to play for?
His answer was "only the best GT"

Back