Official 2013 Recruiting Thread.

...rumors swirling...
...potential flip...
...it seems as though...

Not sure I'd pull an offer over a statement that has more back doors than front doors.

Didn't mean to imply it'd be done based on a recruiting article. I'm sure the two will have a conversation.

However, any visit that close to signing day is problematic for us with so few scholarships to offer. I'd rather have that scholarship now and offer someone who's not a last minute throw-in.

No matter if we pull the scholarship or not, we need to be actively recruiting a back-up plan at Qb. It also needs to be well known that we are talking to another Qb prospect. I say we give this guy a call...Asianti Woulard, #4 Dual-Threat Qb on Rivals and 4 star on both sites. Was a USF commit until the coaching change.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Asiantii-Woulard-127951

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5464341

absolutely.

No reason to pull the offer if we're just going to hand it to some no-star walk-on because he's "been working really hard."

... any visit that close to signing day is problematic for us with so few scholarships to offer.
I can't make up my mind where I stand on this. To me, its open until its closed. A kid might commit early based on what he knows at the time but things may change before signing day. There is a reason the commits aren't binding.

Maybe a kid A wants to go to Michigan but kid B (better than kid A) committed there in June and kid B would rather start at Nebraska than sit on the bench at Michigan so he commits to Nebraska in August.

Then, in October, Michigan fires the coach and Kid B follows the fired coach and de-commits from MI so kid A starts to have second thoughts and wants to take an OV to Michigan to see if he still wants to go there.

I think it would be ratty of NE to yank his offer for that.

CPJ takes the position that a kid shouldn't commit until he's sure. Well maybe he is sure when he commits but becomes unsure for some legit reason before signing day.

If it were me, I'd tell Kid A: sure, go check out MI but come back here Monday morning and give me a chance to address any concerns then you make a final commitment to me or them.

These kids are too young and pressuring them into making an early commitment thinking that you have ended their recruiting process might not be a good assumption.

well, they should become uncertain for exceptional circumstances, not because someone else started, "showing them a lot of love."

If it were me, I'd tell Kid A: sure, go check out MI but come back here Monday morning and give me a chance to address any concerns then you make a final commitment to me or them.

These kids are too young and pressuring them into making an early commitment thinking that you have ended their recruiting process might not be a good assumption.

I think it's a case by case thing. Obviously if the kid is being shady about the process then the decision is pretty much made for you. However, if the kid is just unsure like you describe then I can see handling it the way you mention above.

I think some folks in the know have mentioned that our commits are allowed to visit as long as they handle the process respectfully. I don't think I'd characterize it as them being unduly pressured into committing early.

No matter if we pull the scholarship or not, we need to be actively recruiting a back-up plan at Qb. It also needs to be well known that we are talking to another Qb prospect. I say we give this guy a call...Asianti Woulard, #4 Dual-Threat Qb on Rivals and 4 star on both sites. Was a USF commit until the coaching change.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Asiantii-Woulard-127951

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5464341

I'm not sure how accurate the 'College Choices' are on these sites, but Tech is not listed on neither of them. He's being recruited by good academic schools such as Vandy and Duke. I'd like to think that if we are interested, then we'd be listed. :dunno:

If a kid ever stops thinking about and weighing his college options then he is an idiot.

If we ever really stop recruiting a position because we get a commitment then we are idiots.

They should allow written commitments whenever the player chooses and if he breaks it, he has to sit out a year. That way the kid understands what a commitment is. If you're not ready or unsure, don't commit. If you change your mind later, you can with a caveat. Once the written commitment is made, it also binds the school. This entire safety school idea is just wrong. This entire signing day thing is assinine.

They should allow written commitments whenever the player chooses and if he breaks it, he has to sit out a year. That way the kid understands what a commitment is. If you're not ready or unsure, don't commit. If you change your mind later, you can with a caveat. Once the written commitment is made, it also binds the school. This entire safety school idea is just wrong. This entire signing day thing is assinine.
They do that in February.

This entire signing day thing is assinine.
If I see another man-child sitting at a table with multiple caps in front of him I'm going to throw up so freakin' hard its going to blast thru my TV and hundreds of miles of fiber-optic cable, explode out of the ESPN camera and soak both him and his retart posse with the wrong shade of ego-shrinking gold.

Enough already. Sign up and shut up.

They do that in February.

What I'm saying is they can do that at any time. That way both sides know the level of commitment long before February. They can still play the verbal game, but the school can still pull the scholly. Once they sign, both sides have a real level of commitment, at least as I understand the word.

If I see another man-child sitting at a table with multiple caps in front of him I'm going to throw up so freakin' hard its going to blast thru my TV and hundreds of miles of fiber-optic cable, explode out of the ESPN camera and soak both him and his retart posse with the wrong shade of ego-shrinking gold.

:puke::hiding:

I can't wait to see this because it WILL happen.

Since 2012 Tech football is now officially behind us, will one of you recruit-niks please update the rest of us on perceived positions of need, how many more we'll take, who are the top targets on the board, etc....

I have no interest in following recruiting extremely closely, but tis the season to pay attention.

Any ideas how we close this last month of recruiting before Signing Day? I am hoping we pick up another target or two......and of course, keep the ones we've "got".

Didn't see this posted anywhere.....Brendan Douglas scored the winning TD in the GACA North-South All-Star Game. Troublesome that he ran the wrong route though.....I'm sure he will fit in fine at GT! LOL I kid, I kid.

It took just three plays for the North to score on its final possession. Erderly completed a 10-yard pass on the first play of the drive, tossed an incomplete pass and then found Douglas on what North coach Sid Fritts said was supposed to be a wheel route.

“He ran a different route than we called,” Fritts said with a laugh. “It worked out all right, though.”

Douglas, who is committed to play at Georgia Tech, said that it was an honor to not only be in the game, but be able to make the play that gave his team a victory.

“It’s crazy,” he said. “When I caught the ball, I kept waiting for someone to hit me, but there was no one there. I just kind of fell into the end zone. (Erderly) made a heck of a throw. There are just so many great players in this game. I never thought I’d be the on to make the play.”

http://daltondailycitizen.com/sports/x1303504246/All-Star-football-TD-in-4th-lifts-North-Erwin-hurt

Back