OFFICIAL 2018 coaching carousel thread

Louisville is going to be the Tennessee of this coaching carousel. That place is a toxic mess, and I'm guessing they're going to struggle to get someone to take that job.

I mentioned in another thread but will add here since this is the official thread Bill Clark would be an awesome hire. Im a UAB grad and follow their program pretty closely, he is a good coach and an even better person. When UAB closed their program down he stayed for his guys and continues to fight for them. He has a very clear idea of how to field a good team with a small fan base and a board of education that does not support his program. He does rely on some JuCo transfers but I think that is more of a function of the program being shut down and trying to balance classes than it is his overall plan for success. Id certainly be happy with him

I was under the impression that Charlotte had hired the JMU coach. I think I read that in one of our many coaching threads, but haven't confirm it independently.

And yes, I could've confirmed it independently in roughly the same time it took me to type this extra sentence, but no, I didn't do it anyhow. Just because.

I mentioned in another thread but will add here since this is the official thread Bill Clark would be an awesome hire. Im a UAB grad and follow their program pretty closely, he is a good coach and an even better person. When UAB closed their program down he stayed for his guys and continues to fight for them. He has a very clear idea of how to field a good team with a small fan base and a board of education that does not support his program. He does rely on some JuCo transfers but I think that is more of a function of the program being shut down and trying to balance classes than it is his overall plan for success. Id certainly be happy with him

Heard him on ESPNU radio Wed. Seems like a really, really good dude if nothing else.

I was under the impression that Charlotte had hired the JMU coach. I think I read that in one of our many coaching threads, but haven't confirm it independently.

And yes, I could've confirmed it independently in roughly the same time it took me to type this extra sentence, but no, I didn't do it anyhow. Just because.

Heard that on the radio on Wed too

He's been offered, he's interested.... Not official, though, and this is the OFFICIAL thread.

Mike Houston from JMU will not be accepting the job at Charlotte because he wants to pursue other opportunities. Could he be in the mix for GT?

More likely is ECU.

UAB has extended Bill Clark and given him a raise to 1.5 million. He will not be poached this time.

UAB has extended Bill Clark and given him a raise to 1.5 million. He will not be poached this time.
That's what Tom Herman and many many other G5 coaches have said. Use the rumors, secure the raise, and you have a more comfortable position from which to entertain offers.

Back