OFFICIAL 2018 coaching carousel thread

From SBNation:

"In the college ranks, there’s a massive amount of interest in the Tech job, albeit with the understanding that Tech lags behind its ACC peers in facilities and fundraising, and has a flexbone roster that would need overhauling. Whereas strict academic requirements and local apathy have turned off others, many young coaches from the Southeast feel like GT could be reinvigorated to better recruit and represent the greater Atlanta area."

Massive interest?! I like it and hope it's true.

From SBNation:

"In the college ranks, there’s a massive amount of interest in the Tech job, albeit with the understanding that Tech lags behind its ACC peers in facilities and fundraising, and has a flexbone roster that would need overhauling. Whereas strict academic requirements and local apathy have turned off others, many young coaches from the Southeast feel like GT could be reinvigorated to better recruit and represent the greater Atlanta area."

But we have the advantage of being located in Atlanta. Most other places are boring crapholes

From SBNation:

It should be. It’s funny when you think about it. Of all the reasons given for why we’re behind, we still win and win big here. That’s got to play into people’s minds.

History will be kind to CPJ me thinks.

From SBNation:

This should not be surprising to anyone. We ööööing kick ass. Our school is awesome. Our program has some weird challenges but the positives we have are way better than 80% of the programs out there.

We are not far from being NY6 regulars. CPJ was close to getting us there. With the right academic and administrative leadership and a coach that can navigate those necessary changes, we can be a perennial top 25 program.

From SBNation:

Massive interest means we'll hire Whisenhunt.

CPJ has shown it's possible to have 9-10 win seasons at GT, and the fundraising and new locker room show that GT is willing to invest in the future of the program.

From SBNation:

Emphasis on young coaches I hope!

From SBNation:

I’ve heard similar from different sources. But I feel a major rushed hire and brutal letdown coming. Maybe it’s the Tech in me or the lifelong Atlanta letdowns, but this feels like something we’ll screw up.

I’ve heard similar from different sources. But I feel a major rushed hire and brutal letdown coming. Maybe it’s the Tech in me or the lifelong Atlanta letdowns, but this feels like something we’ll screw up.
Cite sources or GTFO

Back