OFFICIAL 2018 coaching carousel thread

Smart people mentioned Mike Houston.

Others are fixated on recruiting as the end all be all despite winning fixing many schools recruiting problems vs smooth talking. Especially at a school like ours.

Smart people mentioned Mike Houston.

Others are fixated on recruiting as the end all be all despite winning fixing many schools recruiting problems vs smooth talking. Especially at a school like ours.
winning did not fix our school's problem. '08 and'09 were great years and yet the '10 and '11 classes were ranked 43rd and 41st respectively. 14 was epic and yet, the '15 class was ranked 39th. all per rivals.

I agree. I think PJ was not a great recruiter mainly because I think he doesn’t pander to people. I think he did a bad job messaging in a way that made it seem like he thought his players were less talented or that he wanted less talented players.

I also think we didn’t win the right games in 2009 namely the Georgia game or the bowl game. If we won those games things would’ve gone differently in recruiting. We never sustained momentum in the winning department.

I also think a large part of our issues in recruiting was an active undermining campaign by players in 2010. Guys who convinced players the team didn’t win those games just the worshipped 2007 recruiting class of which there were some players happy to ride the coattails of success brought on by a few players. What I mean is there were members of the team who were part of the class from 2007 that thought they were better than everyone else. It is what it is. PJ is a little polarizing.

I don’t know if StingTalk has the best info of the GT message boards, but it damn sure is the funniest.

giphy.gif

I really think its gonna be Geoff Collins. It just makes too much sense. He's from the state, started his coaching career here, and has a defensive pedigree.

Back