Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Do you think any of that had to do with us playing 3 of the 4 hardest games on the schedule to start the season or nah?

No.

UGA average yards against all other teams: 499
UGA yards against us: 407

Of course, anyone who even pretended to watch the games would know our defense kept us in every game after Collins’s departure, except perhaps FSU.

DD41F1FD-1630-4CB2-AF19-E0371BAD4391.jpeg

Say no more, say no more.

Mutts weren’t holding back at all for any reason right?
No, they weren't. If you had watched the game, you would have seen two almost equally matched teams in the first half. We lost the game with our punt team, a TE drop, and a true freshman's fumble. Mistakes you can't make against UGAg. Our OL looked good, and blocked great.

I realize you loathe GT football, but your act is getting tiresome.

Do you think any of that had to do with us playing 3 of the 4 hardest games on the schedule to start the season or nah?
Don't know exactly what ranking he's looking at, but our DFEI ranked at 39, which is still really good compared to most of the defenses we've had in a long time and would include those games in the numbers.

So, I'm in favor of keeping Thacker due to the improvement shown after clown left, but aside from this correlative evidence, why do some think clown was specifically holding Thacker's defense back? I'm just curious if there is anything specific that can be pointed too. I get it if the argument is simply pre-clown vs post-clown performance, but I'm just curious if anyone has anything else to go on for this assertion.

Key said we weren't practicing with full pads and contact until after Geoff was axed.

Clemson, Ol Miss, UCF and Mutts
I see your point but you are looking at numbers. I personally saw a drastic improvement in the effort and playcalling (to an extent). If you play that card you have to look at some of UGA’s poor performances against Kent State, mizzou, etc. week to week

Promoting Weinke to OC would be pretty questionable. Weinke has never been an OC. Why not go out and find someone good with experience? You know, a merit-based hire via nationwide search. Not just your favorite assistant on the team or "dude I used to work with at UCF/Bama".

Promoting Weinke to OC would be pretty questionable. Weinke has never been an OC. Why not go out and find someone good with experience? You know, a merit-based hire via nationwide search. Not just your favorite assistant on the team or "dude I used to work with at UCF/Bama".

We went that route last year hiring an experienced OC. If Key sees potential in Wenike, then I say give him a shot.

We went that route last year hiring an experienced OC. If Key sees potential in Wenike, then I say give him a shot.
I'm not sure how good Weinke is at the x's and O's. Hell, I'm not sure if I spelled his name right. I just know he's won a natty at QB and a Heisman so the man has to know how to at least run an offense from that perspective.

I'm not sure how good Weinke is at the x's and O's. Hell, I'm not sure if I spelled his name right. I just know he's won a natty at QB and a Heisman so the man has to know how to at least run an offense from that perspective.
He was a HS coach at IMG. What did they run? I bet he called the plays.

Back