Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

I saw key wink at the presser after being asked about OC I think he answered the question

Wait, does that mean we're going to run a high school offense? Asking for a friend
Ha-ha. Point is it is the only example of what Weinke’s scheme might be. Might not translate but it is all we got.

A few good college coaches started running their schemes in High School and then moved up.

FWIW, this is HCBK's baby to win or lose with. If he thinks Weinke is the right guy so be it. I'm on board with whoever he chooses.

It's clear HCBK intends to instill toughness, physicality, accountability and discipline in whatever comes out on the field. I think that is the foundation for any winning football program. Execution starts with this.

Next up is scheme. It was clear to me that HCBK had some clever thoughts and game planning during his interim trial period. How much of that was him and how much of that was the existing staff I'm not able to determine. Wish I knew the X's and O's enough to tell you. But it's clear they had some ideas and some of those ideas worked.

I like the speculation on who he chooses and it will be interesting to see what emerges, but my guess is that offensively we aren't going to be a "system" kind of offense. Air Raid, Option, RPO, or anything of that sort. I think we will be a "toolbox" offense. Use what we have in the toolbox for whatever opponent we have. Strong fundamental passing. Strong fundamental running. Pass to set up the run. Run to set up the pass.

Identify the opponents weakness, game plan the weakness, expose the weakness, attack the weakness, prepare for their corrections, game plan their corrections. All with strong fundamental passing and running.

That would be my approach. I'm available and have some experience with EA Sports NCAA college football if HCBK reads this and would like to talk.

FWIW, this is HCBK's baby to win or lose with. If he thinks Weinke is the right guy so be it. I'm on board with whoever he chooses.

It's clear HCBK intends to instill toughness, physicality, accountability and discipline in whatever comes out on the field. I think that is the foundation for any winning football program. Execution starts with this.

Next up is scheme. It was clear to me that HCBK had some clever thoughts and game planning during his interim trial period. How much of that was him and how much of that was the existing staff I'm not able to determine. Wish I knew the X's and O's enough to tell you. But it's clear they had some ideas and some of those ideas worked.

I like the speculation on who he chooses and it will be interesting to see what emerges, but my guess is that offensively we aren't going to be a "system" kind of offense. Air Raid, Option, RPO, or anything of that sort. I think we will be a "toolbox" offense. Use what we have in the toolbox for whatever opponent we have. Strong fundamental passing. Strong fundamental running. Pass to set up the run. Run to set up the pass.

Identify the opponents weakness, game plan the weakness, expose the weakness, attack the weakness, prepare for their corrections, game plan their corrections. All with strong fundamental passing and running.

That would be my approach. I'm available and have some experience with EA Sports NCAA college football if HCBK reads this and would like to talk.
I foresee CBK wanting to do a pro set type offense. Possibly using offset RBs, with that pro set. I think using a toolbox type offense and changing from game to game, will lead to confusion on the team. It's hard learning a scheme, much less a couple or few of them.

I foresee CBK wanting to do a pro set type offense. Possibly using offset RBs, with that pro set. I think using a toolbox type offense and changing from game to game, will lead to confusion on the team. It's hard learning a scheme, much less a couple or few of them.
Teams are getting away from defenses with 3 real linebackers because of the RPO/spread offenses, if you could jump into a pro-set occasionally and just pound the run that would be pretty cool. Are fullbacks still a thing?

Didn’t he play in a Friedgen offense? That was a tool box attack if there ever was one.

We're going to need to address the OC and DC sooner rather than later if we expect to keep players from leaving and add players from the portal now that the official portal is open.

Teams are getting away from defenses with 3 real linebackers because of the RPO/spread offenses, if you could jump into a pro-set occasionally and just pound the run that would be pretty cool. Are fullbacks still a thing?
Full backs are still a thing. Just not overly present. To be fair, there are some RBs that are as big as FBs. I think they are just called power backs now. LOL

Interesting. When I take everything I have heard and seen into consideration, I foresee CBK wanting to bludgeon people to death.
He should hit people head on. The threat of a power run game will put a defense on it's heels. That's if it works, of course. I think (hope) to see us use the RBs as weapons better. I think we could do better with the route system for the WRs. We seem to be very limited. That limitation may come from the lack of QB experience? Not sure. Either way, it seems we are very slim on the offensive plays. At least from what I saw, last season.

This would appear to be a person for OC worth looking into.....https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/georgia-tech-football/2022/12/5/23494669/seth-littrell-should-be-georgia-techs-next-offensive-coordinator

This would appear to be a person for OC worth looking into.....https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/georgia-tech-football/2022/12/5/23494669/seth-littrell-should-be-georgia-techs-next-offensive-coordinator
You need to put some space after your last period.

This reminded me of Geoff saying over and over that "we are a player-based, not a scheme-based offense." Right after ramming bad tight ends on the field when we had 12 good running backs and calling shotgun looks with Jeff Sims on 3rd and 1.

I don't think HCBK is going to be such an insufferable loudmouth.

This reminded me of Geoff saying over and over that "we are a player-based, not a scheme-based offense." Right after ramming bad tight ends on the field when we had 12 good running backs and calling shotgun looks with Jeff Sims on 3rd and 1.

I don't think HCBK is going to be such an insufferable loudmouth.

Yes. Geoff had the tools in the toolbox and had no idea how to use a hammer.

Back