Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

I expect brent keys offense to bring back a position we haven’t had for a while. The fullback

i expect the Ol to zone block like they do now but have more traditional power plays in the run game

I think key remembers how important guys like ed wilder was. And hard nosed te like matvay. And the type of power run game we used to do at times

i truly think a big element of our offense will be a bit old school. Frankly. Like harbaugh is and finally has run at michigan the past couple years

I expect brent keys offense to bring back a position we haven’t had for a while. The fullback

i expect the Ol to zone block like they do now but have more traditional power plays in the run game

I think key remembers how important guys like ed wilder was. And hard nosed te like matvay. And the type of power run game we used to do at times

i truly think a big element of our offense will be a bit old school. Frankly. Like harbaugh is and finally has run at michigan the past couple years
You have been around a while and, no doubt, remember the 2001 kickoff classic (we travelled to Syracuse to play the game). Pretty sure Key was on the OL for that game but it was brutal- O'Leary took exception to the Orange Coach's comments that we were soft or something - we literally ran it down their throat including down to the Orange 1 yard line where we took the victory formation to run out the clock. That is a text book example of running the football.

Pretty sure its on YouTube if anybody wants a refresher.

You have been around a while and, no doubt, remember the 2001 kickoff classic (we travelled to Syracuse to play the game). Pretty sure Key was on the OL for that game but it was brutal- O'Leary took exception to the Orange Coach's comments that we were soft or something - we literally ran it down their throat including down to the Orange 1 yard line where we took the victory formation to run out the clock. That is a text book example of running the football.

I don’t remember all the details other than that it was vs Syracuse but played at the Meadowlands, it was hot as balls, and it was a low scoring game. My Delta flight after the game sat on the tarmac for a long time with no AC full of hot, sunburned Tech fans.

JRjr

Is this good? Idk too much about USF football.
As a CFB bettor, I watched a bunch. USF was pretty awful but made late charges in their 3 toughest games - UF, Cincy and UCF. I believe they had brief leads late in all of those games. But it wasn't enough to overcome Jeff Scott -- an arguably worse hire than ours of coach clown.

Key hire. Let's go.
MajorNaughtyBuckeyebutterfly-max-1mb.gif

As a CFB bettor, I watched a bunch. USF was pretty awful but made late charges in their 3 toughest games - UF, Cincy and UCF. I believe they had brief leads late in all of those games. But it wasn't enough to overcome Jeff Scott -- an arguably worse hire than ours of coach clown.
Anything stand out strength and conditioning wise, or were they just too bad to tell?

Although he only won 4 games in 3 years, he knows how to spell Jeff!
He didn't embarrass his school with money down or sideline weight lifting or trashing the prior coach.
and he beat Temple.
My money is still on the clown as a worse coach.

His full work history:
2014-15: Campbell, Strength and Conditioning Intern
2015-16: Appalachian State, Strength and Conditioning Graduate Assistant
2016-18: Duke, Assistant Director of Strength and Conditioning
2018-20: Tennessee, Assistant Director of Football Sports Performance
2020-21: Tennessee, Director of Football Sports Performance
2021-pres: USF, Head Strength & Conditioning

Pretty good resume', I think. Consistent progression. Only 29 years old.

His full work history:
2014-15: Campbell, Strength and Conditioning Intern
2015-16: Appalachian State, Strength and Conditioning Graduate Assistant
2016-18: Duke, Assistant Director of Strength and Conditioning
2018-20: Tennessee, Assistant Director of Football Sports Performance
2020-21: Tennessee, Director of Football Sports Performance
2021-pres: USF, Head Strength & Conditioning

Pretty good resume', I think. Consistent progression. Only 29 years old.
How do you go from a director of sports performance at a premier SEC school to a S&C coach at a G6 school?

Back