Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

So now we only have 3 people remaining from 2019 staff? Key, Thacker and Semore?

I have no clue which assistant coaches are doing a good job or bad job. What I like seeing is that Key‘s loyalty is to making the changes to benefit the GT football team (in his view) and not loyalty to his friends or colleagues. In my opinion this is my favorite move a GT Head Coach has made in a long time because it shows we finally have a GT coach who has his eye on the ball and not wanting to be liked. Johnson was way to loyal to several on his staff and I won’t speak of the other guy.

I thought the DL made some pretty good strides last season, personally. Not where they need to be, but I think most of that is personnel. I trust the HBC though. If he thinks he can get better, then he needs to act now.

FYI.....

The American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) Annual Convention starts on Sunday in Charlotte (LINK).

There's always a lot of movement in the college coaching ranks as the lookers and the lookees get together.

Just sayin'.......

If so, why were they not let go after the season? Why wait a month they could have used to seek employment elsewhere? There is another shoe to drop.

No thanks.
- Contracts usually run through year end.
- There is a lot of work to be done in December that staff can contribute to.
- They can still look for other opportunities and/or are auditioning to be retained here

- They can still look for other opportunities and/or are auditioning to be retained here

Right, I would be pretty surprised if CBK hadn't basically told them already so they could prepare themselves. But why not stay and continue to get paid while you look elsewhere?

FWIW, there's this. Apparently there's someone already in the wings (as it should be).

That word "interesting" kinda scares me, but I'll trust Key's vision. I'm interested to see how "interesting" the name is. Now I'm back to scanning for hiring news again. Though I was done with that this season...sheesh. :)

FWIW, there's this. Apparently there's someone already in the wings (as it should be).

That word "interesting" kinda scares me, but I'll trust Key's vision. I'm interested to see how "interesting" the name is. Now I'm back to scanning for hiring news again. Though I was done with that this season...sheesh. :)

Nick Saban confirmed. Tired of the pressure at AL, just wants to play some golf and position coach a bit. Likes the Clermont, allegedly. It all checks out.

Back