Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Pit Stains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miserable coaching performance today. Simms mechanics are terrible. Oline is terrible. DL not good but undermanned. Miss McGowan out there.
At the half this is Sims' Statline:

13 for 17 199 yds passing 1 TD, 2 Ints

6 carries 36 yards and on the college level Sack yds are subtracted from Rush yards so he might have been around 50 yds rushing.

1.5 of those INTs charges to Sims are squarely on poor OL play

Maybe if the Def doesn't give up 340yds passing in a Half to Pitt then the game Looks diff, but the OL needs to help by sustaining blocks keeping our Def off the Field

An OL is supposed be steady and produce at a predictable level each Gm , not have 1 up Gm and then 1 crap Gm

canada.jpg

Our defense is stinking it up. Our offense is barely better
Scoring 14 points in a half is not the offensive version of giving up 42.

our defense looks FCS again. I thought we were finally past that.

It is what it is. Terrible half. Not gonna come back from this... Win the 2nd half and maybe learn something about yourselves. I still believe in the trajectory of this team. Were always going to be good and bad games this season.
Dude, there’s bad and there’s this. I’ve been watching GT football for over 20 years and I’ve never felt like this. I’ve never seen us get absolutely slaughtered by mediocre teams like this or repeatedly make inexcusable mistakes. I’ve been used to us outcoaching our opponents on almost a weekly basis during my entire fanhood, but I just don’t see it anymore. Hell, even in 2015 we only got blown out once, and it was a 19 point loss on the road against title-bound Clemson.

It’s tough to gain any type of confidence in this staff if we follow up our first big win with what is looking like an utterly humiliating blowout loss.

We are back to the issue of the problem with this defense is that it practices against this offense all week. How is the DL suppose to develop when they practice against the OL all week.

Anyone still watching is just a masochist at this point. Just turn it off, lock the thread and be done with it.

Always happy to watch Tech football even if we're sucking. Only get to do it 12 times a year.

So far this is vintage Collins. His inability to focus his team and sustain positive momentum is his hallmark.
Losing sucks, but looking like a poorly coached and inept team time after time is beyond frustrating.
This is really like an abusive relationship ... hoping that the wife beating drunkard will change and become the man he can be. Yet, still he comes home with flowers and then promptly beats his wife with a belt buckle after knocking back a few.
And yet ... so many will just sit in the corner, weeping, bleeding while hoping he can change.

At the half this is Sims' Statline:

13 for 17 199 yds passing 1 TD, 2 Ints

6 carries 36 yards and on the college level Sack yds are subtracted from Rush yards so he might have been around 50 yds rushing.

1.5 of those INTs charges to Sims are squarely on poor OL play

Maybe if the Def doesn't give up 340yds passing in a Half to Pitt then the game Looks diff, but the OL needs to help by sustaining blocks keeping our Def off the Field

An OL is supposed be steady and produce at a predictable level each Gm , not have 1 up Gm and then 1 crap Gm
And his mechanics are terrible.

We are back to the issue of the problem with this defense is that it practices against this offense all week. How is the DL suppose to develop when they practice against the OL all week.

Lol. The more things change...

Thank God they sell beer at BDS. I’m here having a day drinking picnic and enjoying the sunshine. Oddly enough there seems to be some sort of event happening on the field? Not certain how to describe the activity but it doesn’t really resemble American football in my opinion. Will report back shortly upon diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back