Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Pit Stains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoring 14 points in a half is not the offensive version of giving up 42.

our defense looks FCS again. I thought we were finally past that.

Don't feel like it's fair to hold the pick 6 against the D. More like offense has 7 net points and D gave up 35.

Still not good.

We are back to the issue of the problem with this defense is that it practices against this offense all week. How is the DL suppose to develop when they practice against the OL all week.

Pitt is the first team to try and stretch us vertically. It’s worked. We need to disguise our coverage better.

On O, Sims has one bad interception and a couple of bad sacks. Everything is fixable. I am still not a fan of CDP play calling, but iiwii.

We can still make a bowl. And we can still play one half of good football in this game.

So far this is vintage Collins. His inability to focus his team and sustain positive momentum is his hallmark.
Losing sucks, but looking like a poorly coached and inept team time after time is beyond frustrating.
This is really like an abusive relationship ... hoping that the wife beating drunkard will change and become the man he can be. Yet, still he comes home with flowers and then promptly beats his wife with a belt buckle after knocking back a few.
And yet ... so many will just sit in the corner, weeping, bleeding while hoping he can change.

Id love to blame this on focus but we are just getting whipped physically. DL and LB cannot get off blocks, OL getting annihilated, DBs getting scorched.

I’m just ready for the post game conference where Collins tells us how this went exactly like planned and we look great out there. Maybe being a politician is what I’m his future post GT.

The worst thing about this is they had given me hope again. I bought in, ever so slightly, that we started to turn the corner. We didn't even have to beat Pitt for me to hang onto that hope, just look like a legit football team. I don't know what to do after this debacle.

Here’s what sucks so far from my view in the stands:
Both lines
A carpenter
A former qb playing defense
The play calling on O

Don't feel like it's fair to hold the pick 6 against the D. More like offense has 7 net points and D gave up 35.

Still not good.

Fair. But let’s be honest. That pick six saved our D from allowing another 60 yards.

Most of Sims issues are caused by a lousy OL.

I think a lot of Sims problems are between the ears. He is too accustom to his talent being so far above everyone else (high school) that he hasn't developed the thinking part of the game. He also doesn't have a good OC to coach him up. The OL being a hot mess exacerbates these problems. Physically, he has the tools.

Our DL definitely needs to be taught to sell holds better

There isn't a damn thing wrong with Sims' mechanics, maybe some minor things here and there
I’m sure. He is not setting his feet and he releases the ball incredibly low for someone his height. Like he is guiding the ball. He is also late throwing the ball much of the time. I get it the line sucks but it is still his responsibility to stand in there and deliver the ball.

We are back to the issue of the problem with this defense is that it practices against this offense all week. How is the DL suppose to develop when they practice against the OL all week.
Interesting point. I wonder if we could get the Falcons or the Green Bay Steelers to come in and mix it up with our guys. Might do em some good?

There isn't a damn thing wrong with Sims' mechanics, maybe some minor things here and there

Agree, it’s not his throwing motion. Pick 1 was placed too low and got tipped. There was no need for the ball to come out where the DL could tip it.

Puck 2 was questionable. He could have tucked and taken the sack, but it was a judgment call.

It looks like we need to stretch Pitt laterally. And we could take an extra deep shot each series.

I think a lot of Sims problems are between the ears. He is too accustom to his talent being so far above everyone else (high school) that he hasn't developed the thinking part of the game. He also doesn't have a good OC to coach him up. The OL being a hot mess exacerbates these problems. Physically, he has the tools.

If you’re OL is bad your offense is bad. I don’t care if your OC is Lincoln Riley and your QB is Pat Mahomes.

A horrid OL doesn’t exacerbate anything. It is the root cause of everything.

Collinsmustake is trying to display players for the next level. Carpenter should be sat down but it doesn’t happen.

Our secondary sucks because they have to practice against the triple option. Oh wait…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back