Official #GOLDblooded20 Signing Day Thread

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Koots is not listed as a signee today. Sounds like a grayshirt...

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
CGC's presser on youtube is hilarious. He alternates reaching below his podium for a drink from a Waffle House cup and a Varsity cup even though there's a water bottle in front of him.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
CGC's presser on youtube is hilarious. He alternates reaching below his podium for a drink from a Waffle House cup and a Varsity cup even though there's a water bottle in front of him.
The Varsity cup is to make fun of the UGA photo from 'Atlanta'. The Waffle House cup is because of the marketing agreement between WH and GT where Coach Collins promotes WH at every opportunity within his speeches and they (WH) provide 3 different corporate planes and jets for our coaches to use to make recruiting trips. If anyone ever doubted at least the marketing genius of Collins, securing that deal alone should have disavowed them of that notion. That's a hell of a win for both parties.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
The Varsity cup is to make fun of the UGA photo from 'Atlanta'. The Waffle House cup is because of the marketing agreement between WH and GT where Coach Collins promotes WH at every opportunity within his speeches and they (WH) provide 3 different corporate planes and jets for our coaches to use to make recruiting trips. If anyone ever doubted at least the marketing genius of Collins, securing that deal alone should have disavowed them of that notion. That's a hell of a win for both parties.
Thank you, Sheldon.

18in32

Petard Hoister
The Waffle House cup is because of the marketing agreement between WH and GT where Coach Collins promotes WH at every opportunity within his speeches and they (WH) provide 3 different corporate planes and jets for our coaches to use to make recruiting trips.
That's quite a deal.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
That's quite a deal.
It's been a great partnership even if informal. My understanding is that WH has 5 corporate planes and jets but I've only seen 3 separate ones used in the recruiting photos they've posted on Twitter. Regardless, the ability to fly into a small airstrip in Jacksonville to go visit Jeff Sims and then drive to his house is much more convenient and less time-consuming than flying commercial and having to go through airport security and wait on your plane to leave. It allows our coaches to see more recruits and spend more time with them.

Similarly, the use of donated helicopter times is not only a 'wow' factor at games and schools, it opens up ability to see almost double the amount of prospects in a day over having to drive there. Both are smart moves on CGC's part, IMO.

18in32

Petard Hoister
It's been a great partnership even if informal. My understanding is that WH has 5 corporate planes and jets but I've only seen 3 separate ones used in the recruiting photos they've posted on Twitter. Regardless, the ability to fly into a small airstrip in Jacksonville to go visit Jeff Sims and then drive to his house is much more convenient and less time-consuming than flying commercial and having to go through airport security and wait on your plane to leave. It allows our coaches to see more recruits and spend more time with them.

Similarly, the use of donated helicopter times is not only a 'wow' factor at games and schools, it opens up ability to see almost double the amount of prospects in a day over having to drive there. Both are smart moves on CGC's part, IMO.
Absolutely – but I've not heard we get that stuff gratis in return for him drinking from their cups!

Although I don't know, I'd bet we're paying a fair rate for using them. It's just that using them instead of some non-branded commercial aviation leasing company gives both brands some extra juice.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Absolutely – but I've not heard we get that stuff gratis in return for him drinking from their cups!

Although I don't know, I'd bet we're paying a fair rate for using them. It's just that using them instead of some non-branded commercial aviation leasing company gives both brands some extra juice.
I won't go into too much detail but I was told by someone I trust that we pay for the time of the pilots and we pay for the fuel but not for the birds themselves. The helicopters I was told are being completely comped by two separate alumni.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I won't go into too much detail but I was told by someone I trust that we pay for the time of the pilots and we pay for the fuel but not for the birds themselves. The helicopters I was told are being completely comped by two separate alumni.
We have some great alumni, thankfully some who are drinking the juice.