Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Unsubstantiated Twitter rumors
Flightaware tracking
Ghosts of Gruden

This thread has it all and we are still a week away from an announcement. We are heading to unknown territory here.
After reading a bunch of these comments, I’m convinced that some StingTalkers are currently experiencing significant mental episodes.

Things have apparently gone off the rails. Chadwell wanted to bring his whole staff, and as he contemplated thought his gig at South Florida was a clear path to bigger job a few years down the line. O'Brien still fancies himself as an NFL guy, likely because he doesn't want to recruit. If this goes on past today my guess is it will be Key. There is no way Fritz is in a position to dilly dally when he is sitting at Tulane. Of course at 63 he might be negotiating his last deal. Just me but I would tell him he has about 8 hours and then we are moving on. This would not be bad. Key impressed, wants the job and is affordable. Please help us if they sign Fritz to a Collins like contract.

Pitt is no longer ranked, UNC hasn't won since. Anyone can spin something. It's ok to think Chadwell > Key too. I'd be fine with Key. I mean, there's not much I can do about whoever they hire.

Right, we completely ruined the seasons of both teams.

What I posted wasn't "spin", it's what Key accomplished and frankly, it was more impressive to me than what Chadwell did. Key took chicken öööö and made an almost-palatable plate of chicken salad out of it.

That's why I started the chaos entry on Friday. Because on Friday that will no longer be the case.
The portal opens on Monday (Dec 5), and early signing period is Dec 21-23. Friday is of no significance other than contact period for recruits opens then.

Their shrinks are too busy talking them down off the ledge to give me a straight answer. My other source, their wives, just keep yelling “jump.”

1669745508640.png

Remember when Homer Rice went off and hired Bobby Ross. Ross was in the same conference, not on any hot seat; and I don't think he was on any publicized list of candidates; he was just dissatisfied at UMD. What if Batt does something similar and pulls a coach from within the ACC or another P5 conference that looks like a lateral move.
Dave Clawson!

Back