Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Ok since we are throwing out dumb scenarios I’ll make a prediction that it’s O’Brien. Low/no buyout allows us to pay more. He brings stability and experience we need to build back up the program and show the donors that we have a plan, so their checks won’t go to waste like under the prior regime.

There is no reason to believe he wouldn’t retain Key and potentially other key staff, IF that is a factor at all.

My best guess about the delay is that he wanted time to explore his NFL options and we said go ahead but we won’t hold up our process. And we continued interviewing more. Now it’s taking longer for a final answer from BOB than we hoped and we are starting to talk terms with backups.

that’s my two cents that’s worth not even that — I just hope it wraps up soon

Right, we completely ruined the seasons of both teams.

What I posted wasn't "spin", it's what Key accomplished and frankly, it was more impressive to me than what Chadwell did. Key took chicken öööö and made an almost-palatable plate of chicken salad out of it.

I do agree. It's more difficult to do what he has done than what Cadillac did for Auburn. At this point, I simply don't think it is Key because they're awfully late to announce that. At this point it was would a woefully anti-climatic announcement ever, when it could'e been much more of a morale boost that we sorely need. I'd have done it by now, but that's just me. It is possible they're doing their due diligence to make sure Key really is the best option.

I experienced a coaching search thread just like this one last season. I noticed a difference in how it was conducted from the current AD, who was also from the SEC, compared to the previous AD. Much more tight lipped, and none of the rumors were true. So for me, I'm playing along because I have my own thoughts on who I think would be a great fit.

Ok since we are throwing out dumb scenarios I’ll make a prediction that it’s O’Brien. Low/no buyout allows us to pay more. He brings stability and experience we need to build back up the program and show the donors that we have a plan, so their checks won’t go to waste like under the prior regime.

There is no reason to believe he wouldn’t retain Key and potentially other key staff, IF that is a factor at all.

My best guess about the delay is that he wanted time to explore his NFL options and we said go ahead but we won’t hold up our process. And we continued interviewing more. Now it’s taking longer for a final answer from BOB than we hoped and we are starting to talk terms with backups.

that’s my two cents that’s worth not even that — I just hope it wraps up soon
If it was O'Brien it would have already been announced. He would have been in the building on Sunday morning to get to work.

Bama has nothing left to play for.

Hate to take advantage of something like this but if our circus act falls through and we have to go with Key, I'm pretty sure he won't be bitter about being plan Z and will still coach his ass off for us. If we aren't looking at any of our top 3 picks at this point though we should just stop looking for anybody else and dance with the one with the hots for us.

Hate to take advantage of something like this but if our circus act falls through and we have to go with Key, I'm pretty sure he won't be bitter about being plan Z and will still coach his ass off for us. If we aren't looking at any of our top 3 picks at this point though we should just stop looking for anybody else and dance with the one with the hots for us.
Probably. But between Deion, Chadwell and Key, I want Key third.

Agreed.

I see no difference in Key and Fritz from a coaching perspective. Key however wants it and loves GT.

Yeah ……we will be shopping at TJ Max for our coach lol

But in fairness, that's because that's the only place where this guy will interview:

1669746426229.png

Back