Official GT Head Coach News Thread

If we're just spit balling at this point, why not Gus? He's making 2.3 million at UCF plus still getting paid from Auburn. We could get him for 3 mil a year and he's back in a power 5 conference.
UCF is moving to P5 (big12) and they can probably match 3 and more...

If Gus continues winning, he likely has a 7-10 mil pay day coming in a few years. Someone will overpay...

There were two private flights from Jackson to PDK in the last week
253ACE5D-254A-47DC-B12D-A55066C99B30.png
854EEEBA-23CE-4B66-AED2-04B7D2C2EFC0.png

The first jet clearly belongs to Philip Rivers. Do the local elementary schools have capacity for all his kids?

Did the QB play defense, and is the offense totally dependent upon one guy? If there is no one else on the team that can execute the offense at least at a mediocre level, and we know the defense blows chunks....why do you want this guy?

His defense has always been subpar. Their own fans know that. There's not a ton of teams out there that can not skip a beat when QB #1 goes down. He'd have a lot more room for error for QB #2 if his defense wasn't, well.. #2.

As far as I know, there's only like 3 or 4 names circulating on this board, of which I think Chadwell is the best option. That's all that is. But yes, I do think he's a good coach.

His defense has always been subpar. Their own fans know that. There's not a ton of teams out there that can not skip a beat when QB #1 goes down. He'd have a lot more room for error for QB #2 if his defense wasn't, well.. #2.

As far as I know, there's only like 3 or 4 names circulating on this board, of which I think Chadwell is the best option. That's all that is. But yes, I do think he's a good coach.
I honestly feel like if Chadwell and Thacker could get together for a meeting, it would work.

If we're just spit balling at this point, why not Gus? He's making 2.3 million at UCF plus still getting paid from Auburn. We could get him for 3 mil a year and he's back in a power 5 conference.

Remember when Homer Rice went off and hired Bobby Ross. Ross was in the same conference, not on any hot seat; and I don't think he was on any publicized list of candidates; he was just dissatisfied at UMD. What if Batt does something similar and pulls a coach from within the ACC or another P5 conference that looks like a lateral move.

UCF is moving to P5 (big12) and they can probably match 3 and more...

If Gus continues winning, he likely has a 7-10 mil pay day coming in a few years. Someone will overpay...
so maybe there's a tiny, tiny, tiny chance that we're waiting for Gus?

Frankly, Key did a better job coaching with a #2, #3, and #4 QB with a dismal defense than Chadwell did when he lost his #1 QB. Coastal's offense and defense sucked ass when that happened. Key managed to beat a ranked UNC team on the road when it happened to us with a team that wasn't even his when the season started against a tougher team than ODU.

Key > Chadwell

Things have apparently gone off the rails. Chadwell wanted to bring his whole staff, and as he contemplated thought his gig at South Florida was a clear path to bigger job a few years down the line. O'Brien still fancies himself as an NFL guy, likely because he doesn't want to recruit. If this goes on past today my guess is it will be Key. There is no way Fritz is in a position to dilly dally when he is sitting at Tulane. Of course at 63 he might be negotiating his last deal. Just me but I would tell him he has about 8 hours and then we are moving on. This would not be bad. Key impressed, wants the job and is affordable. Please help us if they sign Fritz to a Collins like contract.

Frankly, Key did a better job coaching with a #2, #3, and #4 QB with a dismal defense than Chadwell did when he lost his #1 QB. Coastal's offense and defense sucked ass when that happened. Key managed to beat a ranked UNC team on the road when it happened to us with a team that wasn't even his when the season started against a tougher team than ODU.

Key > Chadwell

Pitt is no longer ranked, UNC hasn't won since. Anyone can spin something. It's ok to think Chadwell > Key too. I'd be fine with Key. I mean, there's not much I can do about whoever they hire.

Back