Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Just realized USF opens the 2023 season against Bama in Tampa. That would be a major perk to Deion coming there. Deion vs Nick would be game of the year.

I feel like that might actually be a negative. Even the biggest believers in Deion wouldn't expect his USF team to be competitive with Alabama in their very first game.

It's not a reason to not take the job or anything but I wouldn't view opening your tenure by getting dominated on national TV as a perk.

Wait.. USF is actually not in South Florida? TIL
LOL. I have a master's degree from USF, and I never could understand that either. They already have a University of West Florida in Pensacola, so I guess that was out. And a University of North Florida in Jacksonville. Don't know about a University of East Florida, but guess that would make even less sense than University of South Florida.

LOL. I have a master's degree from USF, and I never could understand that either. They already have a University of West Florida in Pensacola, so I guess that was out. And a University of North Florida in Jacksonville. Don't know about a University of East Florida, but guess that would make even less sense than University of South Florida.
It could be called the University of Tampa.

New rumor is Jerry Kill has a second interview today. Didn't even realize he'd had a first, but he's now the leading candidate.

New rumor is Jerry Kill has a second interview today. Didn't even realize he'd had a first, but he's now the leading candidate.
giphy.gif

It could be called the University of Tampa.
Except there already is one - and has been for as long as I remember. Used to play Division 1 football, too, back when I was a kid. John Matuszak and Freddie Solomon played there, among others

So we're looking at someone with documented health issues and who already retired once. If that's the case, we might as well call up Fridge and see if he wants to come back with Key as HC in waiting.

Back