Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Remember when Homer Rice went off and hired Bobby Ross. Ross was in the same conference, not on any hot seat; and I don't think he was on any publicized list of candidates; he was just dissatisfied at UMD. What if Batt does something similar and pulls a coach from within the ACC or another P5 conference that looks like a lateral move.
Ross had already resigned from Maryland and was set to become an assistant for the Bills

So we're looking at someone with documented health issues and who already retired once. If that's the case, we might as well call up Fridge and see if he wants to come back with Key as HC in waiting.

If he’s serious….wheels are completely off the wagon

All of them.
Leading me to further believe that a mid-season firing and interim coach not failing but not winning out either is probably the worst possible outcome of this season. Worse than keeping Collins would of been; that would of been a dead season, this feels like we're heading for a dead hire no matter who it is or could of been.

Leading me to further believe that a mid-season firing and interim coach not failing but not winning out either is probably the worst possible outcome of this season. Worse than keeping Collins would of been; that would of been a dead season, this feels like we're heading for a dead hire no matter who it is or could of been.
If only we could have pulled out the UVA and UCF game and made a bowl. This wouldn't have been a hard decision

Stingtalk right now
spongebob-scared-in-school-1yljmmbliyy9a4yj.gif

If only we could have pulled out the UVA and UCF game and made a bowl. This wouldn't have been a hard decision
I think maybe a more accurate statement is the way this season played out may of been the worst possible outcome we could of experienced. Only short of an outcome that didn't end up with firing Collins.

Sources? Pffft. Just got off the phone with J. I've told him before not to bother at work, but he just won't listen. He called to thank me for telling him about this StingTalk message board. I asked him about the HC search. He said it was already a done deal. He gave CBK the job right after the game last weekend. They were going to announce, but they're having a great time reading all this speculation. CBK is a little pissed he got banned on like the second day. They've decided now to not make an announcement. They're just going to drop the 'Interim' from the Coaches roster and CBK's bio at some point and wait to see how long it takes anyone to notice.

If we're looking at Chadwell, Fritz, and Key--or any two of them--at least that's a group of coaches that have pretty good support from their current fan bases. Tulane and CCU fans would be sad to see their coach go, and Key obviously has plenty of support here. That's a departure from recent hires. Dayton and Memphis were elated to be free of Gregory and Pastner, and Temple fans were just kind of annoyed to be needing to conduct another coaching search after two years.

At this point, just hire Drew Cronic... Cronic in the ATL would be lit! I'm sure there's a meme for that somewhere!

Back