Official GT Head Coach News Thread

At this point, just hire Drew Cronic... Cronic in the ATL would be lit! I'm sure there's a meme for that somewhere!

This dude needs advice from Leipold on how to take that kind of offense to the next level in terms of marketability and steering your career towards a P5 job

Chadwell's wife has her heart set on Tampa, where family lives. Fritz is likely out as well.

O'Brien is very much back in the picture, but he wants something close to $5 mil/year.

Found this over on the Tulane board
I tend to think Fritz interviewed at GT because they made a good enough offer to his agent that the agent recommended Fritz listen, and it was a school that wasn't an immediate hard "no" for other reasons. I don't think Fritz finished the Cincy game, called his agent and said "I deserve more money, what can we do to get it?" (which seems to be what some are suggesting). That's not to say the agent didn't call Fritz immediately after the game and say "this might be your last chance to go for more money, are you okay with me shopping you?"

Long story short, I don't think right now the holdup is Tulane trying to come up with a matching deal while Fritz holds the "I'm about to leave" blade over our head. I think GT tried to work a deal and maybe they are still doing so, but whether the details are hashed out or not, GT is interviewing others and Fritz knows he may not be offered the job. That being the case, Fritz can't threaten that he needs a raise because what would he do if we refused and someone else got the GT job? Quit?

His change in tone from yesterday's vague answers to today's "intending to be our coach next year" could be indicative of him getting word through channels that he's not the frontrunner any longer or that GT is withdrawing due to booster sentiment or whatever.

Just my opinions, no insider knowledge.

Chadwell's wife has her heart set on Tampa, where family lives. Fritz is likely out as well.

O'Brien is very much back in the picture, but he wants something close to $5 mil/year.
Nope. Can’t believe anything you say now

I will come out of retirement and do this job for 1 year at 1/2 MILLION $. I will need 1 hour of nap time for every 3 hours of practice time however.

Found this over on the Tulane board
I tend to think Fritz interviewed at GT because they made a good enough offer to his agent that the agent recommended Fritz listen, and it was a school that wasn't an immediate hard "no" for other reasons. I don't think Fritz finished the Cincy game, called his agent and said "I deserve more money, what can we do to get it?" (which seems to be what some are suggesting). That's not to say the agent didn't call Fritz immediately after the game and say "this might be your last chance to go for more money, are you okay with me shopping you?"

Long story short, I don't think right now the holdup is Tulane trying to come up with a matching deal while Fritz holds the "I'm about to leave" blade over our head. I think GT tried to work a deal and maybe they are still doing so, but whether the details are hashed out or not, GT is interviewing others and Fritz knows he may not be offered the job. That being the case, Fritz can't threaten that he needs a raise because what would he do if we refused and someone else got the GT job? Quit?

His change in tone from yesterday's vague answers to today's "intending to be our coach next year" could be indicative of him getting word through channels that he's not the frontrunner any longer or that GT is withdrawing due to booster sentiment or whatever.

Just my opinions, no insider knowledge.
So basically like someone posting what we say in here? Lol

Back