Official Notre Dame Postgame Thread

I have enjoyed MBS in the past, but not yesterday. First, they needed to close the damn roof and turn on the air. My seats were insufferable until the end of Q1. Second, turn the music volume down by 50% and fire the DJ. Third, MBS is getting a little run down. I did love MARTA to the game and $2 unlimited Cokes.

Fourth, get off my lawn

Tough loss. ND was just more physical up front. That is their strength and has been for a long time. We aren't bad. We aren't great. There was a clear talent differential. The team played hard, but for things to go our way we couldn't make the mistakes we did on special teams and with the missed tackles. This was about the result I expected looking at the two teams. The program is still in re-build mode. We can out-physical teams that are our level or worse, but we aren't going to push around the top teams. We aren't there yet, but there are some things to be optimistic about.

I posted in the game thread that I saw ya on the big screen at one point. Certainly a high point in the afternoon for me.

We are just nowhere near talented enough to overcome how bad our STs unit is right now. Our net punting is atrocious we are something like 140th and every punt seems like it should be blocked. Our FG kicking is somehow even worse.

We are not winning games when we can’t flip the field and can’t make a FG. No point in even analyzing the O and D when STs is this bad. It truly cripples the team
100%. But apparently CBK has made the decision to stick with what we've got thru the season. Least of the concerns? IDK. But I kind of get it. Don't like it but he doesn't want to fire Shanahan cuz he's a senior and maybe just ride out this year. Birr's not so bad from 40-40+ and extra pts and he has hit some good kicks. But the thinking we need a QB holding for placekicks and improvement on the snap is critical. Another headache for the coach. We're getting there but we're still a step away.

I posted in the game thread that I saw ya on the big screen at one point. Certainly a high point in the afternoon for me.
Haha. Yeah. I was up there. We sat behind two of the most annoying women I've ever been around. Their enthusiasm was an 11, but their football knowledge was a -1. "Dammit, stop cheering and high fiving after we tackle them after a 12 yd run." I swear they were happy after the first botched FG snap.

Haha. Yeah. I was up there. We sat behind two of the most annoying women I've ever been around. Their enthusiasm was an 11, but their football knowledge was a -1. "Dammit, stop cheering and high fiving after we tackle them after a 12 yd run." I swear they were happy after the first botched FG snap.
I sat behind what was apparently a recent band alum who still does all the “motions” for every song or thing the band does in an extremely exaggerated manner. It didn’t bother me until after halftime, but as the game was going south and this kept going it had me grinding my teeth.

(I know…….i was in the band, etc., etc.)

I sat behind what was apparently a recent band alum who still does all the “motions” for every song or thing the band does in an extremely exaggerated manner. It didn’t bother me until after halftime, but as the game was going south and this kept going it had me grinding my teeth.

(I know…….i was in the band, etc., etc.)
I’ve been around a few of those recently. Band people doing band stuff when not in the band are the worst.

Similarly, a few years ago, I sat near an Indian kid at multiple road games, seemingly recent grad, who screamed at the top of his lungs in a shrill voice every down, even when we were getting waxed. Like, man, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but this isn’t the student section and we’re down 35-0. Read the room.

JRjr

I’ve been around a few of those recently. Band people doing band stuff when not in the band are the worst.

Similarly, a few years ago, I sat near an Indian kid at multiple road games, seemingly recent grad, who screamed at the top of his lungs in a shrill voice every down, even when we were getting waxed. Like, man, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but this isn’t the student section and we’re down 35-0. Read the room.

JRjr
Ever sit near cheerleader parents? About 20 years ago, I thought something was happening on the field. I was like what???? Did I miss it???

Apparently, they were cheering their spawn building a pyramid or something

Ever sit near cheerleader parents? About 20 years ago, I thought something was happening on the field. I was like what???? Did I miss it???

Apparently, they were cheering their spawn building a pyramid or something
No, but I have sat amongst Falcons cheerleader alums at a reunion game. Back in the day when I did the falcons pregame band, they would give us game tickets. I got mine and it was an upper deck terrible seat in the Dome. Until I got to my seat and was surrounded by a bunch of recent cheerleading alums. Then it was awesome for about 5 minutes. Then it wasn’t when I had to sit there and listen to them talk incessantly about everything but the football game.

No, but I have sat amongst Falcons cheerleader alums at a reunion game. Back in the day when I did the falcons pregame band, they would give us game tickets. I got mine and it was an upper deck terrible seat in the Dome. Until I got to my seat and was surrounded by a bunch of recent cheerleading alums. Then it was awesome for about 5 minutes. Then it wasn’t when I had to sit there and listen to them talk incessantly about everything but the football game.
That was my experience with the cheerleaders families. They were not interested at all in the ballgame. Just the cheers.

I don't think the defense is why we can't make back shoulder throws.
Those back shoulder throws have nothing to do with our DBs inability to tackle, unless we're talking about the ole' side step and grab method being instituted by our guys when trying to bring down the oppositions RB and Receivers. If anyone watches a replay, watch our #15 and his technique. I'm not sure what I was seeing there but it wasn't hard nosed football.

They were just looking at balls.

Those back shoulder throws have nothing to do with our DBs inability to tackle, unless we're talking about the ole' side step and grab method being instituted by our guys when trying to bring down the oppositions RB and Receivers. If anyone watches a replay, watch our #15 and his technique. I'm not sure what I was seeing there but it wasn't hard nosed football.
Isn't 15 a true freshman? Just saying there's time to learn

Isn't 15 a true freshman? Just saying there's time to learn
Don't know but whatever was happening was glaring to my untrained, old eyes.
At some point a defender has to stick his head in the action, even if it's the wrong action. Better to look busy, than not be busy at all. The lackluster image being projected just adds fuel to the fire.

Back