Official Notre Dame Postgame Thread

MBS sucks balls
It really does. As a fan, it’s a comprehensively bad experience. Traffic sucks getting there (amazing that the ingress plan on Northside is still so ööööty and haphazard), gotta walk forever through the wasteland to get there, no matter where you park your gate is always an extra half mile away.

Somehow I ALWAYS get ööööed on seats (4th row 10 yard line in front of the ND cheerleaders today). The seats are uncomfortable. The acoustics remain ööööty, magnified by the absolute garbage we play on the PA (spastic remixes of Bieber, Jepsen, YMCA, and Mickey).

Sitting in a mostly empty stadium listening to endless “let’s go Irish” chants when it’s a beautiful fall day outside just sucks. Sure, chase the money to remodel the suites and pay NIL reparations, but will there be anybody there to watch when we’re done?

JRjr

It really does. As a fan, it’s a comprehensively bad experience. Traffic sucks getting there (amazing that the ingress plan on Northside is still so ööööty and haphazard), gotta walk forever through the wasteland to get there, no matter where you park your gate is always an extra half mile away.

Somehow I ALWAYS get ööööed on seats (4th row 10 yard line in front of the ND cheerleaders today). The seats are uncomfortable. The acoustics remain ööööty, magnified by the absolute garbage we play on the PA (spastic remixes of Bieber, Jepsen, YMCA, and Mickey).

Sitting in a mostly empty stadium listening to endless “let’s go Irish” chants when it’s a beautiful fall day outside just sucks. Sure, chase the money to remodel the suites and pay NIL reparations, but will there be anybody there to watch when we’re done?

JRjr

MBS sucks because we're a warm climate and need a proper open-air stadium. I know the Superbowl is gonna require a dome for climate control, but the sphincter design of MBS is complete trash for the fan experience.

Final thoughts from me:
1. I appreciate Pyron staying with us to be our backup. He is clearly not equal to King, but he gave us a good effort today.
2. We abandoned the run way too soon today.
3. Tackling was bad, really for the first time this season. Syracuse was more a matter of poor coverage combined with no pass rush.
4. It is a shame we did not have Notre Dame at BDS today. The Falcons’ home is no place for our home games.

We are the exact same as we were in Ireland. No improvement at all between game 1 and game 8. At least Key acknowledges this in the post game presser. We’ve played 3 average to above average teams and lost to all 3. And whoever said ND’s defense is the best we’ll see all year is nuts. UGA’s defense is getting better game by game which is what good coaching leads too. Our defense is making game 1 mistakes in game 8. 12 men on the field? We are now totally irrelevant for 2024. Oh well.

Wholeheartedly concur. Shanahan has muffed a few punt snaps this year with his "Roberto Duran 'Hands of Stone.'"

A million years ago, if the substitution rules allowed it, our 4th or 5th string QB was our (IOW my) holder & we worked together throughout the week during the time the offense was being put in on Monday-Wednesday. If sub rules (only 2 under normal circumstances) didn't allow, whichever QB was in the game held.

I see no reason why one of the walkon QBs or WRs couldn't do this instead of a guy who'd never played American football in anger in his life til he got to Atlanta. Sheesh.
With Shanahan holding we have no ability to run a fake. This allows the opposition to focus on rushing the kicker in addition to limiting our flexibility. With 105 scholarships we should have multiple options for the holder.
From a common sense perspective, you would think we would like to practice punts and field goals concurrently. Finally if you had a valuable punter like Harvin why would you risk having him injured holding for kicks,

Special teams and O line were hot garbage today. Defense couldn’t tackle worth a damn and the coverage was bad.

On top of that, MBS sucks. I tried to be optimistic about it but I hate it. I did like the folks around me in my section. That was the only positive.

And while we are getting all of the bitching out, the band’s uniforms look like ass and are quite possibly the worst in college football. I don’t know why we got away from traditional uniforms for the goofy looking short sleeve things.

And traffic sucked ass leaving thanks to heels up.

We are the exact same as we were in Ireland. No improvement at all between game 1 and game 8. At least Key acknowledges this in the post game presser. We’ve played 3 average to above average teams and lost to all 3. And whoever said ND’s defense is the best we’ll see all year is nuts. UGA’s defense is getting better game by game which is what good coaching leads too. Our defense is making game 1 mistakes in game 8. 12 men on the field? We are now totally irrelevant for 2024. Oh well.
It would help if you would hit the Return/Enter key now and then.

HK is a top 3 quarterback in ACC. We’re nothing without him. Maybe we would have still lost with him today too but it wouldn’t have been so ugly. I really hope he’s back next week because we need him.
Sure but I don't know about "we're nothing without him". I think Pyron is good. But Notre Dame looked like they could be the best defense we've played all season, and Pyron has fewer game reps so made some mistakes he might not with more game experience.

On top of that, MBS sucks. I tried to be optimistic about it but I hate it.
97at6w.jpg

It's shameful. We're playing to be 'bowl eligible' instead of playing to win. Somebody needs to pull their heads out of their ass and quit pretending a bowl game is some kind of goal.

Coach Dodd felt that bowl games were a reward to the team for hard work and success.

I don't understand all the negativity towards pyron. He is a tough s.o.b and doesn't even make the list of reasons why we lost this game. He can sling it. Not as quick as King but runs tough and good enough to be effective. The game will slow down with more playing time and decisions will get better/quicker. I thought he played a good game against a solid team.

We lost because of missed tackles, special teams, no run game and as much as I hate them, a better team. Every loss sucks but this one ain't the the end of the world. We lost to a top 15 team with our QB and defensive leader out.

I still think we can win at least two more and a bowl to make this a good but not great year.

It's hard to beat teams like ND and Georgia at home or on a neutral field when you have a: size-strength-athleticism...disadvantage. We have some recruiting momentum and it will take a few years to close the gap with teams at their level so that game planning and breaks give you a chance to win against them.

It's hard to beat teams like ND and Georgia at home or on a neutral field when you have a: size-strength-athleticism...disadvantage. We have some recruiting momentum and it will take a few years to close the gap with teams at their level so that game planning and breaks give you a chance to win against them.
You forgot coaching. We also got severely out-schemed.

Final thoughts from me:
1. I appreciate Pyron staying with us to be our backup. He is clearly not equal to King, but he gave us a good effort today.
2. We abandoned the run way too soon today.
3. Tackling was bad, really for the first time this season. Syracuse was more a matter of poor coverage combined with no pass rush.
4. It is a shame we did not have Notre Dame at BDS today. The Falcons’ home is no place for our home games.
Pyron was pretty beaten up by the end of the game.

I hate MBS. I was sitting there thinking how I'd rather have parked at A2, visited the student center, walked over past the tower, went to my normal seats in 213, and watched us from that perspective.

I'm guessing the appeal of ND is lessening in CFB. Looked to be about 45k there. Obviously if you were to play LSU, UGAg, Alabama, Auburn, Florida.....it would have been packed full. I guess that was OK. I got out of the Blue lot pretty quickly and, other than that impossibly ööööed up section from Tech Parkway to I-75, traffic moved quickly.

Anyway, a few weeks until our return to BDS. Let's beat VT this coming Saturday and get into a winnable bowl in a desirable location.

Some additional thoughts after sleeping the loss off.

It would have been a much more competitive game if Haynes King was playing, and if our Special Teams weren’t dog öööö this year.

You can’t really control injuries, but it’s on CBK to fix the latter immediately.

Back