Official Notre Dame Postgame Thread

It's shameful. We're playing to be 'bowl eligible' instead of playing to win. Somebody needs to pull their heads out of their ass and quit pretending a bowl game is some kind of goal.
Making a bowl 2 years in a row after the clown era would be progress. If we don’t do better than 6-6 next year, I’ll start to get more concerned

It's shameful. We're playing to be 'bowl eligible' instead of playing to win. Somebody needs to pull their heads out of their ass and quit pretending a bowl game is some kind of goal.
Have you paid attention to the rumored NIL $$$ reportedly offered to GT’s top level commits? That is 100% pulling their heads out of their arse to grow the program past 7-6.

Have you paid attention to the rumored NIL $$$ reportedly offered to GT’s top level commits? That is 100% pulling their heads out of their arse to grow the program past 7-6.
Can any of them catch a snap and hold the ball for a kicker that might make the kick depending on which hash the ball is spotted on?

The kid can sling it. He's not very fast, though. HK is a better RPO quarterback at this stage.
King is definitely better overall, and I've never really questioned him being the starter. Pyron is a solid backup who did about as well as could be reasonable expected in this spot. Unfortunately we probably needed him to have the best QB performance of the season for us, which is a tough ask.

Key talks a big game about being fast, big, mean, and tough. We’re none of those things.

‘Identity’ is the new pointless dumbass buzzword for Tech football.

Was just watching the end of the Vandy game and they mentioned that Clark Lea had brought on Jerry Kill as a consultant to help him grow and develop as a HC. That’s exactly what Key needs to do if he is going to develop into a successful HC going into the future. I’m not sure what Cutcliffe is doing but he would be perfect as well as Spurrier.

True
King is definitely better overall, and I've never really questioned him being the starter. Pyron is a solid backup who did about as well as could be reasonable expected in this spot. Unfortunately we probably needed him to have the best QB performance of the season for us, which is a tough ask.
A lot was predicated on the reality that Notre Dame was, by far, the best opponent we've faced all year. Pyron was only going to be as good as his supporting cast...which wasn't very good today against a superior opponent.
Looking at our team objectively, we have a long way to go.

Have they said exactly what types of injuries King and Efford have?
They just said upper body. Based on last week, I would say it is a shoulder injury. I hope he is ready to go against VT because they looked good against BC. VT looked better than they did earlier in the season. King may have been able to start today (he seemed to be playing with it most of the UNC game); but I doubt he was ready for the beating that Pyron took. Even if King wanted to play today, I am glad he got another week to heal up.

Back