Official Notre Dame Postgame Thread

Man, some of y'all have the constitution of a wet noodle. That was a bad game against a good team, without our top offensive and defensive player, and you're falling all over yourselves to start the coach [sic] clown references. We're 5-3 in the middle of a rough schedule with some great wins and winnable games left, not 3-5 headed for 4 more losses. Plenty to improve on, but we'll go bowling again this year and keep building the program.
Go Jackets!
Good team or not, our ST were horrible, our OL didn't step up to the occasion, and our defense still can't tackle, looked slow, and can't cover the oppositions receivers. Besides those things I guess we should be happy with a 31 -13 loss.

1000001887.gif
1000001887.gif

1729383357770.gif

ND is the best D GT will play all year. They are Top 7 in all categories.

ND’s O is good, not great. They have a very good OL, veteran QB and an explosive RB. WR group is above average overall.

ND may lose 1-2 more games, but at seasons end will be the 2nd best team GT will have played.

Overall, this ACC/ND partnership needs to end as either a FT member or they go off the schedule. GT was really banged up in this game.

ND’s O is good, not great. They have a very good OL, veteran QB and an explosive RB. WR group is above average overall.

ND may lose 1-2 more games, but at seasons end will be the 2nd best team GT will have played.
Who is the first?

They should have a QB holding the ball for Birr instead of the most unathletic player on the team, the punter. When there’s a muffed hold a QB would stand a better chance at making a play out of it.
Wholeheartedly concur. Shanahan has muffed a few punt snaps this year with his "Roberto Duran 'Hands of Stone.'"

A million years ago, if the substitution rules allowed it, our 4th or 5th string QB was our (IOW my) holder & we worked together throughout the week during the time the offense was being put in on Monday-Wednesday. If sub rules (only 2 under normal circumstances) didn't allow, whichever QB was in the game held.

I see no reason why one of the walkon QBs or WRs couldn't do this instead of a guy who'd never played American football in anger in his life til he got to Atlanta. Sheesh.

Backhanded complimentary BS.

Their D is stout. Sadly, GT made their below average QB look good. They will not advance in whatever the playoff format is.
Leonard is not a below average QB. Guy was a very good QB at Duke for 3 years. Again, at Duke. Go look at his stats at ND this year. ND definitely made a Portal hit with Leonard vs what Hartman couldn’t do at ND last year.

Overall, this ACC/ND partnership needs to end as either a FT member or they go off the schedule. GT was really banged up in this game.
copium-cat.gif

The most glaring thing I saw was how much more physical ND was to GT. It was very obvious that ND's offensive and defensive lines were far superior TO GT's LOS. They were playing true Freshman on defense that were much faster and
stronger than our OL. Not much more can be said other than there's a reason our backup QB is our #2 QB.

The most glaring thing I saw was how much more physical ND was to GT. It was very obvious that ND's offensive and defensive lines were far superior TO GT's LOS. They were playing true Freshman on defense that were much faster and
stronger than our OL. Not much more can be said other than there's a reason our backup QB is our #2 QB.
Yes. Tech is not a bad team but also not a particularly good team.

Embrace the mediocrity.

Back