Official Saturday Game Thread

War Eagle!
Yeah, I like Auburn, but I was hoping Oregon would win. The SEC bias will increase... but then again maybe they're good enough to beat UGA this year. Always sweet when UGA loses to one of their rivals.

Oregon's fast paced offense gassed their defense. Auburn played to wear them down. Well played Auburn

Would have been nice if Oregon’s QB didn’t throw the Hail Mary out of the stadium.

JRjr

Happy for Nix after being thrown under the ccg ego bus.

Man, what a statement to make that call with your frosh qb!

Oregone is a lot quicker than I expected, but love seeing the
Left Coast scumsuckers lose.

Great game.

Happy for Nix after being thrown under the ccg ego bus.
Huh? Nix did coach elsewhere after he left Tech, you know. And not with great success.

Though I did hear he was a fine man, which in the end is a lot more important.

Dogs didn't impress me. They beat Vandy and looked like crap doing it.

Didn’t look #3 or whatever.

Sadly I think they are laying more & more groundwork for notre lame.

Bout time for the Irish to live up to their annual overblown build up.

Lord I want ugag to feel some pain at home.

Not a great day for the SEC overall with loses to Georgia State, UNC, Wyoming, and Memphis.

The ACC picked up loses from Boise and #8 UF for comparison.

Huh? Nix did coach elsewhere after he left Tech, you know. And not with great success.

Yes, I know. Huh back.

I simply said that ccg’s ego, while Nix was here, proclaimed “Nix is the OC”, “I call the plays (like the OC) but Nix is the OC”, “I am the OC”. ccg is a goofball.

Success? Guess it depends on the definition. I thought I heard that he won some state championships in bama.

But he for sure has to be a proud pop tonite.

We used to go to church together when he was coaching at GT. He's a great man and great dad.

BBR

Yes, I know. Huh back.

I simply said that ccg’s ego, while Nix was here, proclaimed “Nix is the OC”, “I call the plays (like the OC) but Nix is the OC”, “I am the OC”. ccg is a goofball.

Success? Guess it depends on the definition. I thought I heard that he won some state championships in bama.

But he for sure has to be a proud pop tonite.

Whoop tee do. Nix is a pretty good High School coach apparently; but as a OC at the college level he did not work out. He got fired from Miami after he got himself and CCG fired at GT. He then went to Charleston Southern and helped get that staff released as well.

"Prior to the 2006 season, Nix assumed full play-calling duties.[1] Tech would go on to make appearances in the ACC Championship Game and the Gator Bowl."

Remember that ACC Championship game when Nix was able to hold Tashard Choice and Calvin Johnson to 6 points. No need to try and blame Nix's inadequacies on Chan Gailey's supposed ego. You can blame CCG for hiring Nix if you like.

Pat Nix did have a good career as a player at Auburn though and his son appears to be living the dream. Good for them.

Didn’t look #3 or whatever.

Sadly I think they are laying more & more groundwork for notre lame.

Bout time for the Irish to live up to their annual overblown build up.

Lord I want ugag to feel some pain at home.

It just looked Ugag was playing just hard enough to keep this thing out of reach.
Kirby is a martinet on the sidelines.
And it was hard to tell if dwags d was that good or Vandy is just that inept on offense. Looks like they took anchor down far too literally on offense.

It just looked Ugag was playing just hard enough to keep this thing out of reach.
Kirby is a martinet on the sidelines.
And it was hard to tell if dwags d was that good or Vandy is just that inept on offense. Looks like they took anchor down far too literally on offense.
How can any player want to play for a doofus like Kirby?

Back