OFFICIAL Signing Day Thread

mesutozilwoe20131208_576x324.jpg

Mesut--zil-of-Arsenal-011.jpg

I look at ESPN. Rivals sucks. Anyone that says Louis Young was a four star and Autry was a three star is stupid. According to ESPN, our recruiting class had four 4-stars

Hey - better UGA than FSU for Carter for us. He is a talent, for sure. I'd hate to play him in conference.
A back handed way of saying you would rather beat FSU/win the ACC than beating UGA. Not disagreeing, just commenting.

I look at ESPN. Rivals sucks. Anyone that says Louis Young was a four star and Autry was a three star is stupid. According to ESPN, our recruiting class had four 4-stars

And...Calvin Johnson was a 4-star.

fwiw, according to ESPNs rankings, three of our opponents signed top10 classes

1Alabama 27
2LSU 23
3Florida State 29
4Texas A&M 22
5Tennessee 36
6Florida 24
7Ohio State 23
8Auburn 24
9Georgia 21
10Miami (FL) 26
And Clemson did pretty good too.

Sorry, should have looked for myself before I half-way called you out.

Can't believe we didn't get a top-40 recruiting class.

Well, I can, but I thought this class was worthy.

1Alabama 27
2LSU 23
3Florida State 29
4Texas A&M 22
5Tennessee 36
6Florida 24
7Ohio State 23
8Auburn 24
9Georgia 21
10Miami (FL) 26

When Miami starts turning all that talent into wins I'll be worried

Rivals ranking has us 48th. But that's also on a point total, so the more scholarships you give out (I'm looking at you Tennessee) the higher your number is going to be, ordinarily.

By "star" average, Tech is 34th or 36th. I had it figured up but then Sofia Vergara is on TV so maybe I'm thinking about two other things.

UCF's class? 74th by Rivals.

1Alabama 27
2LSU 23
3Florida State 29
4Texas A&M 22
5Tennessee 36
6Florida 24
7Ohio State 23
8Auburn 24
9Georgia 21
10Miami (FL) 26

and 6 ACC teams (including Notre Dame) are in the top 25. 7 opponents if you count UGAg.

When Miami starts turning all that talent into wins I'll be worried

Its just a matter of time. Talent makes up for a lot of coaching warts. Golden is a pretty good coach, though, so Miami may be pretty tough a couple years from now. It usually takes 2 or 3 great classes in a row before you really build the depth necessary to be a contender, so Miami is still another recruiting class away from really being back.

1Alabama 27
2LSU 23
3Florida State 29
4Texas A&M 22
5Tennessee 36
6Florida 24
7Ohio State 23
8Auburn 24
9Georgia 21
10Miami (FL) 26

More importantly, the mutts are failing against their SEc brethren :lol: