Official: Thread For People Who Were Right All Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda karma.... Chan couldn't win lost to WF with Calvin Johnson and a studs in Defense.... Paul Johnson comes in and wins big "for GT post Dodd/SEC era" with big seasons in 2008, 2009, 2014,2016. Decent season in 2012. Despite being funded at half of what Collins currently gets.

However a minority of fans think that Paul was a downgrade and the reason Coach Collins can't coach. Think about this Coach Collins has his players, improved 4 stars, transfers and he is still getting blown out like he did in year 1.

Fact: The problem was never Paul Johnson
Fact: The solution was never Geoff Collins

It's time to hire a coach like Jamey Chadwell or Shawn Clark. The mess that Coach Collins has made with recruiting overrated players for the sake of marketing and recruiting ratings has left this program in a worse place than Collins inherited. We need a President with balls. unfortunately we do not have Bud Peterson anymore so the mess may take longer to clean up as the new leaders and current AD drag this out. This might just be the death sentence of Georgia Tech Football because of inept leadership. Hell even the student section has #THWGeoff in their section. Sad days on the Flats for sure.

Wonder if TStan has already delivered the vote of confidence? Bet he did right after the game. Maybe even before. Got a bad feeling about this.

It's kinda karma.... Chan couldn't win lost to WF with Calvin Johnson and a studs in Defense....

That team also had Tashard Choice as a Junior. Definitely one of the biggest what-if's in Tech's FB history.

I can never fully commit to playing fantasy sports or prediction contests because the appeal of their great motivating factor - being right - is a mystery to me. If you're reading this, then you are a dumbass who doesn't know dick about öööö and there are no exceptions. Nobody here will ever believe you ever had any insight or wisdom, because they know that you are exactly like them: a complete and total jackass without the first fragmentary ööööing clue about what is best for any team, or what will ever happen on any field anywhere.

I think anyone posting any variation of "I told you so" should be banned until the new permanent head coach is hired.
You are projecting. Feel free to go way back in time, on this board and even others like the hive, and you will see the truth.
We both know you are too bitter about being wrong and too lazy to want to see the truth. Lol

I can never fully commit to playing fantasy sports or prediction contests because the appeal of their great motivating factor - being right - is a mystery to me.

If you really don't understand the appeal of being right you should try it sometime.

Anyone who has any item branded "404" or "ATL" in their possession, or bought any of that crap should self ban themselves from the football board until a new coach is announced. Those who own "3 stripe life" gear should also take a deep introspective look at themselves.

I’m surprised some of y’all are surprised by this year’s results.

This season was over before it started. Any other big time program with deep pockets would have canned Geoff Collins after the way the last couple of games in 2021 looked. Blown out and shutout to end the year, and then your best players all left the program.

The AD has wasted a year of our football viewing lives and should definitely be the first to go.

I gave CGC a complete pass for the 2019 season, although the back-to-back Citadel/Temple debacle was concerning, as was the 45-0 loss to VPI.

2020 was the COVID season and I suppose I just gave another pass here as the season was just odd from the get-go. The 73-7 blowout loss to Clemson was embarrassing and somewhat unexpected since we blew out Louisville the week before.

Moving to 2021 the home opener loss to NI was inexcusable. Still, we had an opportunity to pull the Clemson game out at Death Valley and followed that with the best game of the CGC tenure, beating UNC at MB. But a blowout loss to Pitt the following week once again brought concern. Ending the season 100-0 vs ND and UGA is really what did it for me. That was the end of year three and we were Still an inept football team with a HC that showed no talent for game management or leadership.

In game three of year four our team looks as bad today as it did in 2019. I was pretty much done at the end of 2021, but with a new season brings new hope -and I am an optimist at heart. But 42-0 to Ole Miss was the absolute final nail in the coffin for me. I know $$$ play a role in the decision making, but Geoff Collins should be fired today.

I’m surprised some of y’all are surprised by this year’s results.

This season was over before it started. Any other big time program with deep pockets would have canned Geoff Collins after the way the last couple of games in 2021 looked. Blown out and shutout to end the year, and then your best players all left the program.

The AD has wasted a year of our football viewing lives and should definitely be the first to go.
3yrs wouldn’t have been fair under the circumstances imo. The 4th yr all is fair. It’s time imo.

I was willing to give him a chance until his constant öööö talk of CPJ and whining about how hard of a rebuild it would be. Figured it wouldn't bode well to be making that many excuses before playing a single game. Worst coach in GT history, why not just say it at this point.

I think that's obvious at this point. I think he has a strong case for one of the worst coaches of all time, among P5 schools at least.

usa_today_13731005.jpg

I could comment all day long, but will just say, as a charter member of this club….

… Present!

Give me a beer and please pass the peanuts, the meeting is about to begin.

(I feel better now)

I said from day 1 that he was a used car salesman. Look it up.

and so did I. I was hoping against hope that someone (either him or the assistants) would have the high level gameday planning/decision making skills to make the difference, to help players exceed their talents. This hope was doused by idiocy.

My 37 years in business did not give me significant hope in the salesman.

and so did I. I was hoping against hope that someone (either him or the assistants) would have the high level gameday planning/decision making skills to make the difference, to help players exceed their talents. This hope was doused by idiocy.

My 37 years in business did not give me significant hope in the salesman.
Yep. I have interviewed hundreds of potential employees over the last 25 years and would have NEVER hired a clown like Collins. It is just obvious he doesn't know WTF he is talking about. No content or value-add whatsoever. TStan is a dope.

I’ll admit that a lot of folks got ridiculed over this the past three years. It made it so that I rarely visited except in spurts. I even lost my old login information. They know who they are and should issue Whiskey clear and a bunch of others a public apology. But they won’t. Go Jackets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back