Official: Thread For People Who Were Right All Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has any item branded "404" or "ATL" in their possession, or bought any of that crap should self ban themselves from the football board until a new coach is announced. Those who own "3 stripe life" gear should also take a deep introspective look at themselves.
This is starting to turn into a middle eastern coup. Anyone who ever uttered the word Moneydown will be shot at Tech Square at 0800.

I’ll admit that a lot of folks got ridiculed over this the past three years. It made it so that I rarely visited except in spurts. I even lost my old login information. They know who they are and should issue Whiskey clear and a bunch of others a public apology. But they won’t. Go Jackets!

"Ridiculed" oh noes people disagreed with me on the internet

Being a douche doesn't make you any more or less correct than anyone else, I know that's a shocking concept to all the told-you-sos

This is starting to turn into a middle eastern coup. Anyone who ever uttered the word Moneydown will be shot at Tech Square at 0800.
Honestly no. Just the ones that told anyone else that they weren’t true fans if they weren’t on the Collins money down juice train. But I wouldn’t shoot even them. Without dumbasses populating the world, smart people wouldn’t stand out so much.

The uniforms have been the only positive of the entire Collins tenure.

The uniforms yesterday looked like hurl. Addidas has laid some real eggs on us for uniforms; but my comment was directed more towards people more excited about wearing Addidas advertisements than GT logos.

Anyone who has any item branded "404" or "ATL" in their possession, or bought any of that crap should self ban themselves from the football board until a new coach is announced. Those who own "3 stripe life" gear should also take a deep introspective look at themselves.
What if I ironically bought a 404 shirt from the Barnes and Noble this year? Will I be spared from the Ba'ath Party purge?

What if I ironically bought a 404 shirt from the Barnes and Noble this year? Will I be spared from the Ba'ath Party purge?

Sure, just know that for someone as talented and educated as yourself, you are got duped. I mean geez, year 4 and you were still falling for it?

Haha. I was one of those that said right from the beginning he was a pretender.

Some people WANT to be sold a lie.

People who know what they are doing don't need gimmicks and BS crap. He used all that to sell the lie that he knew what he was doing-when he is nothing more than a glorified cheerleader. Glorified cheerleaders have there place-he would be an (and was) and awesome recruiter.

Dabo worked b/c he realized he was a glorified cheerleader and got people who don't need gimmicks to work for him. Dabo's first years where a disaster . . .but he learned. Collins never did.

The fact that the admin couldn't sniff out in the interviewing process that he was a glorified cheerleader and had no plan to have actual competence underneath him speaks volumes about their own abilities.

I’ll admit that a lot of folks got ridiculed over this the past three years. It made it so that I rarely visited except in spurts. I even lost my old login information. They know who they are and should issue Whiskey clear and a bunch of others a public apology. But they won’t. Go Jackets!
So you're saying this is an alt you're using.

After the northern Illinois game when their coach was crowing about being more physical, that was the end because you realized that his program was going to be softer than the Pillsbury doughboy

You're softer than northern Illinois...

Yep. I have interviewed hundreds of potential employees over the last 25 years and would have NEVER hired a clown like Collins. It is just obvious he doesn't know WTF he is talking about. No content or value-add whatsoever. TStan is a dope.
Exactly! I also have interviewed enough to know this guy was a total pretender. Talk big, lots of big plans, big dreams, sell you hopium and then take you for a ride.

He is the kind of guy that did that one project for that one company that turned out well and then sells you a bunch of BS about how he was THE guy who made it all click together. If you don't do any deeper digging and just let yourself get swept away in the "yeah this is gonna be great!" vibe you won't find out that well, he really wasn't THE guy on the project, oh he did some things, but he's selling you something an order of magnitude more than what he really did.

The ONLY reason you hire a dope like him is IF you believe you really need a PR cheerleader and you impress upon him, he MUST find someone who can really do the job under him. But for someone like that . . .normally if you put that to them they won't take the job b/c they are too high on their own stink.

If you really don't understand the appeal of being right you should try it sometime.
When everyone gets a trophy you stop understanding what it means to win. You now have to explain it, because winning is not universally understood any more. It's probably part of the reason why some are struggling to understand why others of us hate Collins so much. They don't understand why the win thing is such a big deal.

This thread is why I have hope we can get back up off the floor. Cold, hard reality is the only cure. Cut the BS, build a solid foundation, fire the damn ass of everybody involved, and do what we knew was necessary all along. If you received the full Tech experience, you know there is no easy way. But ultimately you will pity the poor SOB's that chose uga and the parties.

After the northern Illinois game when their coach was crowing about being more physical, that was the end because you realized that his program was going to be softer than the Pillsbury doughboy

You're softer than northern Illinois...
Probably softer than Quilted Northern Illinois too.

Funny that many who supported & loved CGC & his schtick are the same people who hated PJ. They would talk smack about the paul-lovers (who actually just respect his time at GT) being “negative” like somehow that caused the poor coaching that anyone without “recruiting fan-boy” glasses could easily see.

This thread is why I have hope we can get back up off the floor. Cold, hard reality is the only cure. Cut the BS, build a solid foundation, fire the damn ass of everybody involved, and do what we knew was necessary all along. If you received the full Tech experience, you know there is no easy way. But ultimately you will pity the poor SOB's that chose uga and the parties.
This is the one thing about this hire that made no sense to me.

This is Georgia Tech for Pete's sake. People talk about getting the shaft, you didn't graduate, you got out. The school that used to have drownproofing; the school that took absolute pride in the fact that if you graduate one of the guys (or girls) sitting next to you would not. Profs. who loved to flunk as much of the class as they could b/c this is there semester where they could!

All that and you hire a PR clown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back