Official Transfer in Thread

He's trying to argue that Cornell offered him a spot on the football team but he couldn't go because his family made too much money, completely ignoring that if money was actually an obstacle, Cornell would have easily found the financial means to make it work per their sliding scale.

And my apologies, everyone, for re-derailing this thread. I had the foolish notion that providing a concrete source might help our friend from C-N see the light, but I should have anticipated he would cherrypick the one quote that, in insolation, supports his erroneous position.
Nah, we are just reading in amazement

He's trying to argue that Cornell offered him a spot on the football team but he couldn't go because his family made too much money, completely ignoring that if money was actually an obstacle, Cornell would have easily found the financial means to make it work per their sliding scale.

And my apologies, everyone, for re-derailing this thread. I had the foolish notion that providing a concrete source might help our friend from C-N see the light, but I should have anticipated he would cherrypick the one quote that, in insolation, supports his erroneous position.

There are folks who will argue with a sign-post, and we have plenty of those. Then, there are people who will argue with the guy who actually made the sign. Our guy is unique in that.

Every few years some idiot makes this “College NC could beat the <worst pro team>” and it is an idiotic statement. The worst NFL team would ööööing SMASH a college team. It wouldn’t be close.

Yeah, I hate it when people say that. How many draft picks improve their first 3 years in the nfl? Most of them. What percentage of players on a college 2 deep are nfl level, because it is 100% for an nfl team.

About the only position a college and nfl team may be close is at RB.

Yeah, I hate it when people say that. How many draft picks improve their first 3 years in the nfl? Most of them. What percentage of players on a college 2 deep are nfl level, because it is 100% for an nfl team.

About the only position a college and nfl team may be close is at RB.
Anyways, any transfers coming in?

“Harvard has a financial aid policy which states that if your parents make less than $65,000 a year, if you apply and pass Harvard's stringent academic requirements, you can attend school for free.”

Literally from your source you sent.
"If you're a college football fan, this might not compute. Doesn't the NCAA cap student aid at 85 full-ride college football players? That's at the FBS level, too; at the FCS level, the cap on scholarship aid is 63, divided as whole or partial scholarships across the entire team.

The Ivy League gets around this because, technically, the institutions are rich enough to scholarship everyone in the entire student body."

Literally from your source you sent [sic].

If that is all you saw in that article, there is a zero percent chance anyone at Cornell wanted you. I know 3rd graders with better reading comprehension.
Did you stop reading after that quote?
I have stayed away from this öööö show for the last however many pages it's turned into crap, but damn it is very evident and has been pointed out to you in several threads now that your reading comprehension is severely lacking. Do you even know what you are arguing about? It appears you do not. The basis of that article linked above and the basis of the argument presented to you in this thread is this:

Many Ivy league schools are using their wealth to offer full or partial scholarships to kids from low-income families. Many of these schools are also taking advantage of this by purposefully recruiting athletes that meet this criteria, getting them in school on a "income-based" scholarship, and essentially letting them "walk-on" to the football team, even though they are not paying tuition and have been recruited. They are basically skirting the athletic scholarship limit by using income-based scholarships to get more athletes in school.
If y’all think that’s all I read y’all might be stupid. If you actually take a look into that need based aid, it doesn’t go towards straight white males like it does everyone else. There’s this beautiful thing called “affirmative action”. That doesn’t help me. If you look here, the average cost after aid is 25k a year.
That’s still a öööö ton of money. No, they don’t help make it the same as state schools unless you aren’t a straight white male. Y’all might not just be dumb, but plain stupid.

So you clearly haven’t filed for financial aid in the past 10 years. All of you old öööös out here acting like school is still 500/year for the most expensive colleges.

If y’all think that’s all I read y’all might be stupid. If you actually take a look into that need based aid, it doesn’t go towards straight white males like it does everyone else. There’s this beautiful thing called “affirmative action”. That doesn’t help me. If you look here, the average cost after aid is 25k a year.
That’s still a öööö ton of money. No, they don’t help make it the same as state schools unless you aren’t a straight white male. Y’all might not just be dumb, but plain stupid.
What in that link demonstrates that you were denied financial aid based on your gender or race? All I see is that 59% of students receive financial aid.

A WR just left UGA. High 4* coming out of HS. Destination unknown.
let’s get this thread back on track.

I heard out of high school Dominick Blaylock was a high *4 grading out at over 0.98. Had an ACL injury but was quite productive as a freshman before getting the injury.

Back