Official Transfer in Thread

Still over here wondering who the original tweet was about :popcorn:
223F9350-0684-4570-BEB8-59E978FF555D.jpeg

Haven't seen this posted or know if it would make any sense, but this guy is looking for his 4th college:

Good lord does he have any credits that will transfer thru 4 schools?

Haven't seen this posted or know if it would make any sense, but this guy is looking for his 4th college:

When he was at USC I really thought he was going to become an amazing player. World traveler lol

As long as it's a regionally accredited university the credits should transfer. I'm sure there is some interdisciplinary studies major or something similar at most schools that will have it count towards that degree.

I would assume/hope he is a grad transfer this time. Or maybe he already was last time. He is on the Lucas Johnson plan. Might end up with multiple free grad degrees and a few NIL bucks in his pocket before he enters the real world.

As long as it's a regionally accredited university the credits should transfer. I'm sure there is some interdisciplinary studies major or something similar at most schools that will have it count towards that degree.
The school has to have a corresponding course. Even then they review the syllabus to make sure there is substantial overlap in classes. It has nothing to do with the course or the difficulty of the course - all about whether the new school has a course that matches.

For instance, if you take Quantum Mechanics at Tech and earn an A then transfer to uGA who doesn’t have a Quantum Mechanics course, you get no credit.

commit not yet reported on 247...( edit - he was just added in the portal list)
He was a mid level 3 star who signed with USF
"Jackson Long is a 6-5, 225-pound Tight End from Hendersonville, TN.His father, Kevin Long, played at Florida State from 1993 to 1997. He was then in the NFL with the Tennessee Oilers/Titans from 1998 to 2001."
It's a position of need.Welcome to GT!

The school has to have a corresponding course. Even then they review the syllabus to make sure there is substantial overlap in classes. It has nothing to do with the course or the difficulty of the course - all about whether the new school has a course that matches.

For instance, if you take Quantum Mechanics at Tech and earn an A then transfer to uGA who doesn’t have a Quantum Mechanics course, you get no credit.
In my experience, they would give you transfer credit toward your degree if it can be applied as a free elective taken at another school. You generally don't get credit toward your major unless there is such a course in the curriculum that is available as an elective.

In my experience, they would give you transfer credit toward your degree if it can be applied as a free elective taken at another school. You generally don't get credit toward your major unless there is such a course in the curriculum that is available as an elective.
Tech does this, if they feel the course is rigorous and should be counted. If you take a math class at MIT that Tech doesn’t offer, they can give credit for “Math Elective.”

If there is no field or corresponding course, for example if you took a Family Studies course then transfer to Tech - no dice. Same goes if you take a course Tech doesn’t believe is rigorous (like “College Algebra.”)

If you have experience transferring schools, you should know that each time you leave credit hours on the table because of no corresponding match. Someone on their 4th college in 4 years is at best a sophomore by credit in a “University Studies” major.

Maryland, about 10-15 years or so ago, couldn't take an Ohio State transfer because he had apparently been taking nothing but "intro to college" and remedial classes for 3 years at Ohio State.

Maryland, about 10-15 years or so ago, couldn't take an Ohio State transfer because he had apparently been taking nothing but "intro to college" and remedial classes for 3 years at Ohio State.
Not sure if this is the case, but many schools offer “University Studies” or “College Studies” or similar where you can graduate with 120 hours from any courses. Every school I’ve been affiliated with has had some state requirements (like Georgia requires English I & II, Government, etc) but any other classes can be used to fulfill the remaining hours.

If you start in that degree then transfer to a college without that, you’re going to have a bad time.

Edit: why do they have those degrees? The stated intent is for students who want to create a curriculum that doesn’t exist by combining classes from multiple degrees. The real reason is for people who drop their major late and can’t put together another major in time.

commit not yet reported on 247...( edit - he was just added in the portal list)
He was a mid level 3 star who signed with USF
"Jackson Long is a 6-5, 225-pound Tight End from Hendersonville, TN.His father, Kevin Long, played at Florida State from 1993 to 1997. He was then in the NFL with the Tennessee Oilers/Titans from 1998 to 2001."
It's a position of need.Welcome to GT!
Looks like a solid pick up

Back