Officiating

1632629129686.png

Also the hug from behind on UNC's second TD. Apparently not holding.

My old man was mentioning lenny wirtz anyone wanna give me an explination I'm confuesed

They missed multiple illegal substitutions (12 men) and improperly held the snap at least two times. The latter is purely a procedural öööö up and requires no “judgement” call. This crew was in over its head and laughably bad.

I'm not a firm believer in the Carolina mafia theory, but games like this at least make me wonder. When the best defense the refs have going for them is just general incompetence, it's not a great look.

That Dontae Smith no TD was complete bullshit.
The thing about that one is that they had to go out of their way and against protocol for that. There's no excuse or rationalization for them blowing that whistle.

I'm not a firm believer in the Carolina mafia theory, but games like this at least make me wonder. When the best defense the refs have going for them is just general incompetence, it's not a great look.
This. Some parts scream irredeemable stupidity and incompetence, like the fact that the flag they picked up was thrown by the official furthest away from what happened with 2 other officials who were right next to it, closer than him. But I defy anyone to make the case that they were equally incompetent in a way that harmed the Heels half as much as it did us.

And we still kicked their cheating asses. öööö the ACC.

So many crap calls so I'll just highlight the suck by mentioning the textbook roughing the kicker that I guess somebody paid them to not call. After all it would have given us a first down and we can't have that now can we?

So many crap calls so I'll just highlight the suck by mentioning the textbook roughing the kicker that I guess somebody paid them to not call. After all it would have given us a first down and we can't have that now can we?
I really cannot fathom any sane rationale for that call. If that wasn't roughing then there shouldn't be a penalty at all for hitting the kicker.

It's amazing that there were so many outrageously bad calls I keep forgetting about half of them while raging over the others. And very few of them were subtle, the bad calls and no-calls were egregious from start to finish.

It was the worst-officiated game I've seen in awhile. I understand the unfortunate call on the Dontae run. It was the wrong call, but something that seemed reasonable to mess up. The roughing call was egregious.

The other one that I found particularly baffling was the overturned targetting call. First, I felt it was targetting based on the rules established (He left his feet and his a defenseless receiver). However, he made contact WELL before the ball got there. At minimum it is an easy PI call. Instead, nothing is effectively called and we were forced into a 3rd down, which we didn't convert.

Back