Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Either offer the job to Dieon or Tashard next go round. Need excitement around the program from someone other than a goofball. These guys are able to relate with elite athletes having been one before. Literally cannot be any worse. Can Not

I don't foresee Sanders going anywhere, for 2 years. Deion's kid is at the helm, as QB of the team. With that said, I do fully believe that Deion will end up at a larger school. GT will, more than likely, moved on to a different coach, by that point. Also, not sure Deion goes straight to a P5 school. I see him more hitting a major non-P5 school. Maybe App State, Georgia St, Georgia Southern or some team, like that.
His kid can transfer whenever he chooses.

Amazingly, I can only think of two possibilities of this in the history of our program. Did we get buyouts for Ross or O'Leary?

I still can't believe we paid Oregon State for our current AD.
on top of that we then had to loan the AD money after he welched on a debt to them,
and this even though Stansberry had shut down a football program(ETSU ?) at one of his stepping stones.

Well as least if he would happen to end up here, that would put an end to “the hill is the cause of our problems” theory. It would signal that we are about to jump in the pigpen with the rest of college football. I’m ready to get dirty. Tired of standing outside the pigpen talking about how disgusting the pigs are, but the pigs are having all the fun.

:facepalm:

Deion is not taking a job at an academic school. Period. Ever.

And if he does, that school will be in the dictionary as an example of the phrase "Stepping Stone."

We don't need a stepping stone HC. We need someone who wants to be here. The only coach we have had in over 40 years who actually wants to be here is our current HC.

So basically, we are ööööed.

I don't quite get this argument. Our program is in a really bad spot right now. Fan support is dwindling extremely quickly; our national profile is almost non-existent; and our record over the past three years is so abysmal that we're a punchline for serious college football fans. In short, we're not an extremely attractive coaching destination right now -- Nick Saban ain't walking through that tunnel to save us.

A coach who sees us as a stepping stone is exactly what we need. We need to find someone who is a very good coach but doesn't yet have a high enough profile to get a job at a more successful P5 school; someone who can come in, turn the program's direction around, and win enough both to prove himself as someone other schools should want and prove us as a program that can stlil win.

I don't quite get this argument. Our program is in a really bad spot right now. Fan support is dwindling extremely quickly; our national profile is almost non-existent; and our record over the past three years is so abysmal that we're a punchline for serious college football fans. In short, we're not an extremely attractive coaching destination right now -- Nick Saban ain't walking through that tunnel to save us.

A coach who sees us as a stepping stone is exactly what we need. We need to find someone who is a very good coach but doesn't yet have a high enough profile to get a job at a more successful P5 school; someone who can come in, turn the program's direction around, and win enough both to prove himself as someone other schools should want and prove us as a program that can stlil win.

Exactly. We are one of the worst P5 programs in the country during the CGC era. We should be selling ourselves as stepping stone for any coach that can turn the thing back around and get us back to where we were for 25 years before this idiot showed up.

Yes, please.

We have a football game this weekend that's not being televised. Internet streaming only. That wouldn't happen with CDS (or is it CPT - we'll need to decide that quickly).

Well as least if he would happen to end up here, that would put an end to “the hill is the cause of our problems” theory. It would signal that we are about to jump in the pigpen with the rest of college football. I’m ready to get dirty. Tired of standing outside the pigpen talking about how disgusting the pigs are, but the pigs are having all the fun.
If Deion is our coach, I think the NCAA would stay away.

Deion could become what CGC promised: he could leverage Atlanta to make us cool again, use that to attract talent, then actually put a competitive team on the field.

Back