Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Deion isn't coming here. We have a new AD that needs to make a more sure-thing pick than Deion even with the few positives that Deion might have
Your right, there’s no way in hell that Batt-man is making a massive crap-shoot like Deion Sanders as his definitive hire as a new AD. You Nerds should end this embarrassing circle-jerk right now and go back to f#cking each other’s Moms.

I'm just saying that he is a little flashy for some of our fans. Lots of younger fans probably wouldn't like him either but I can definitely see the "sit down" crowd not being a fan of primetime.

Sure, maybe the older folks buy nicer seats and make bigger donations. Who's buying their seats and making donations when they start dying off?

I think that one of the few things that a lot of people agree on here is that Tech has to do something unique to compete. Either an unique offense or in this case an unique coach. A normal coach will not out recruit the top 10 teams. They will be playing the same game with less talent. Good for 7-8, maybe 9 wins most years. A coach with a unique offense can scheme around SOME of the deficiencies to make up the talent gap. Probably 7-8, maybe 9 wins most years. Just look at the history of Tech football.

I'm not saying Deion will come in and get us in that top 5 or 6 class that are in the playoffs every year. I'm saying he has the best chance of taking us from a team that ran the triple option or won 3 games a year for 3 or maybe 4 years to a team that high school recruits know and talk about and want to play for in year one. How long will it take for any other coach to do that? Even if they are winning, can they do that? Dabo did it at Clemson but could he at Tech? Tech is not MSU or Florida when it comes to football.

Mullens can't walk into a top 5 recruit in the country's living room day one and say come play for me at Georgia Tech and get that recruit to consider it. Primetime did that at Jackson state.
I don’t think you have any idea what old white guy GT fans think. Most of us would live to see Deion on the flats.

Given our situation, any coach who is successful here will likely also bail, Deion is not different in that regard. I'll take it, re-establish winning, and it will be easier to follow. I think we are missing the boat that he's also a world class baseball player, so we can get him to coach baseball too -- he can be the first P5 "dual sport" coach, right? I'm sure his ego would love that.

In all seriousness, he's likely only coaching to get his son to the NFL, so I don't think any school will be a lifelong career for him, he's going to want to watch his son play in the pros.

I'm 100% in with choosing him, no matter how long he stays.
This. We cannot count on anyone to remain if very successful. Hell, Notre Dame just had their coach poached. If they cannot hold a successful coach until retirement, how can we? We should just want success, regardless of length. Sustaining it will be based on the things Batt will do.

1666892263092.gif

This. We cannot count on anyone to remain if very successful. Hell, Notre Dame just had their coach poached. If they cannot hold a successful coach until retirement, how can we? We should just want success, regardless of length. Sustaining it will be based on the things Batt will do.
Receiving a buyout rather than paying one would be a nice change. And it would allow us to invest more into the next coach.

Master of Whispers says Auburn is done deal when their AD gets settled in..

Back