Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Just so we're clear, this is the bullet we dodged in Deion: Prime Time acting like he's a high school recruit again and announcing he's blessed to receive an offer from Georgia Tech University, and the date/time/sponsor of his livestreamed announcement of which school he will take his talents to.

Not sure we’ve dodged the bullet yet. We may jump in front of it like a secret service agent.

Auburn really doesn’t care about money or morals, I guess.
what morals. NCAA made it legal to pay players, become free agents, do whatever they want. Its who cares now. The best thing any program can do is hire the dirtiest sob to get massive NIL, keep players, recruit players because no one freaking cares anymore.

Its funny the same who complain about tech sucking constantly always take this moral high ground. Please. Everything about college is a joke nowadays down to education, admissions, rip off tuitions. Its all about business and nothing about the student anymore.

i wish tech would wake up and join everyone doing it the way it now should be done.

Y’all are funny. Since when do morals matter in college football?

This is a bottom line sport and business. You either win or lose the game. Collins was a pretty moral guy and we fired his butt. And if the next guy averages 5 wins a year but is a great guy something tells me we’ll fire him too. Heck, we fired Gailey for winning 7 and taking us to bowl games.

Auburn plays the football game like it should be played - to win. They have a fairly recent Natty and have just hired a real football coach who will get them back to relevance. We all say we want GT to win but I’m starting to believe a lot of our fanbase doesn’t really want to win because we may do it the wrong way. It’s just very funny.

Exactly as 33 said as I was typing.

Brb Gonna go bet 500 on auburn natty next year
I think year 2 that's a solid bet, but you won't get the odds like you'll get next year. Do they have a portal target for QB? Quinn Ewers when he finds out he's gonna lose his job to a true freshman?

If Batt was ever considering him, and were to continue doing so after that, then I would do the opposite of dodging a bullet. Uh.. ööööing a bullet? I don't know.

I would ööööing kill myself.
I'm not sure I see the issue with what he said. It appears he was asked if Colorado had offer him the HC job and he said yes but that his focus was on JSU winning this week.

It isn't appreciably different from what Fritz said when asked about our job. Everyone knows we interviewed him and it was reported he had taken the job. Fritz may have been a little more coy about it but treated it the same way.

The way Deion handled it is part of his appeal. Honesty and no coach speak.

what morals. NCAA made it legal to pay players

No they didn't, and that's part of the reason we're in this situation.

The NCAA was completely against it, so the players challenged them in court. At that point, the NCAA didn't work to create a palatable system for getting players paid that would satisfy them and keep it somewhat in check for the health of the sport. Instead, they continued to fight against it, spending a ton of money to challenge it all the way to the Supreme Court, which smacked them down and opened the NIL floodgates with basically no restrictions.

By the way, the NCAA is still completely against it, and still prevents the schools from actually paying the players. The Supreme Court indicated that this would almost certainly be ruled illegal if challenged in court, so they're setting themselves up to have the same thing happen again.

We'd be a lot better off if the NCAA had seen the writing on the wall and come up with a decent system for paying players themselves rather than waiting for the Supreme Court to do it.

420268C6-6BC5-47F9-85AF-E629ED02CE5E.jpeg

Back