Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

what morals. NCAA made it legal to pay players, become free agents, do whatever they want. Its who cares now. The best thing any program can do is hire the dirtiest sob to get massive NIL, keep players, recruit players because no one freaking cares anymore.

Its funny the same who complain about tech sucking constantly always take this moral high ground. Please. Everything about college is a joke nowadays down to education, admissions, rip off tuitions. Its all about business and nothing about the student anymore.

i wish tech would wake up and join everyone doing it the way it now should be done.

Preach it brother….it’s really disheartening.

No they didn't, and that's part of the reason we're in this situation.

The NCAA was completely against it, so the players challenged them in court. At that point, the NCAA didn't work to create a palatable system for getting players paid that would satisfy them and keep it somewhat in check for the health of the sport. Instead, they continued to fight against it, spending a ton of money to challenge it all the way to the Supreme Court, which smacked them down and opened the NIL floodgates with basically no restrictions.

By the way, the NCAA is still completely against it, and still prevents the schools from actually paying the players. The Supreme Court indicated that this would almost certainly be ruled illegal if challenged in court, so they're setting themselves up to have the same thing happen again.

We'd be a lot better off if the NCAA had seen the writing on the wall and come up with a decent system for paying players themselves rather than waiting for the Supreme Court to do it.
The morals flew out the door when the NCAA said it didn't matter if a degree was fake or not, so long as you made progress toward 'earning' it and access was not absolutely restricted to athletes.

The morals flew out the door when the NCAA said it didn't matter if a degree was fake or not, so long as you made progress toward 'earning' it and access was not absolutely restricted to athletes.

Yeah, morals have been gone from CFB a long time, assuming they ever really existed. Just pointing out that the NCAA would definitely not allow NIL if they had their way. And honestly, that's not exactly a moral stance to take anyway as they tear apart all of college football's traditions in the pursuit of more money.

I'm sure the pesky admission requirements and class requirements that the schools that still require such things will soon be eliminated as well. At least maybe then it will be a total level playing field for teams like GT.

If anyone is looking for entertainment, AU is getting destroyed on secrant for the Freeze hire

I'm sure the pesky admission requirements and class requirements that the schools that still require such things will soon be eliminated as well. At least maybe then it will be a total level playing field for teams like GT.

Our only limiting factors will be the competence of our administration and the pocket books of our fans!!!

...öööö.

Yes, he has baggage, but Freeze can flat out coach. Auburn is a tough gig, but like I said, he can coach.

Interesting hire to say the least. Should be entertaining.
Can't help but think that Saban is thinking....

Lane to the left of me, Hugh Freeze to the right, bad season with 10 - 2.

I'm not sure I see the issue with what he said. It appears he was asked if Colorado had offer him the HC job and he said yes but that his focus was on JSU winning this week.

It isn't appreciably different from what Fritz said when asked about our job. Everyone knows we interviewed him and it was reported he had taken the job. Fritz may have been a little more coy about it but treated it the same way.

The way Deion handled it is part of his appeal. Honesty and no coach speak.

So, you really think Prime Time is riding the JSU bus to and from places with the team? Really?

I'm not sure I see the issue with what he said. It appears he was asked if Colorado had offer him the HC job and he said yes but that his focus was on JSU winning this week.

It isn't appreciably different from what Fritz said when asked about our job. Everyone knows we interviewed him and it was reported he had taken the job. Fritz may have been a little more coy about it but treated it the same way.

The way Deion handled it is part of his appeal. Honesty and no coach speak.

But in the very next sentence, he said that other schools have interest in him as well, despite there being no rumors about that. That may not be "coach speak" per se, but volunteering that multiple other teams are interested in you while you are preparing for a conference championship game feels iffy.

Additionally, he volunteered previously that he tried to leave JSU for a P5 job last year but the timing didn't work out. Which, sure, "honesty", but at a point maybe it stops behing honesty and becomes attention seeking?

In my opinion, whatever school Deion goes to will be Prime Time U. He won't be becoming Colorado or Georgia Tech head coach, it will be the other way around -- they will become the team coached by Deion. He will be the center of attention, he will be the brand, and he will relish that and encourage it.

If we didn't even reach out to Deion then that's a huge mistake by our new AD. Atleast see what he wanted and see if we could come to an agreement. Seems like our golden days are behind us
Every major school that has a HC job opening right now has a cult of idiots screaming for Deion like he’s some kind of magical black Jesus who can come in and instantly heal them. It’s ridiculous, you are making fools of yourselves.

Hilarious seeing people jealous of this hire and betting on natty's. Dude just lost to UConn, VT, and got his öööö pushed in by New Mexico State

Why Colorado??? Not that I am angry..... But, what the ever living f&ck do that have better than us????? I get it. We aren't the gem of schools. But, Colorado??????

Back