Our AD

It's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Like so many other alumni, I'm beyond sick of the gaslighting.
Gaslighting is a popular phrase now that is interesting to me. I suppose it comes from the old Ingred Bergman film Gaslight. In it Ingred Bergman’s husband tries to make her think she is going crazy.

Gaslighting is a popular phrase now that is interesting to me. I suppose it comes from the old Ingred Bergman film Gaslight. In it Ingred Bergman’s husband tries to make her think she is going crazy.
Yes. By selling her a false vision of reality. I think that is the context in which it is mostly used today. As in every email or letter I have ever read from ADTS. Trying to convince us that what we are seeing isn't reality. CGC seems to do this, too . . . if you can't see the improvement, you don't want to see it. :kool:

I saw the original 1940 British version on TCM a couple of months ago. I thought it made a little more sense than the 1944 film which is more famous. But it lacked the ever-gorgeous Ingrid Bergman.

Becuase our AD hired Geoff Collins. It is a shame that Brent Key is still on staff, his failure to develop all the transfer OL is a major problem. It is not like he was playing CPJ guys after the first year. He is as sorry as his 2015 UCF OC record of 0-12. He is just terrible!
Well it's not easy "developing" OL Transfers. not sure if you're aware the development of Sr and Grad transfers won't happen. FYI, most OL's that are worth their salt spend 2-3 yrs developing together and that's what makes them a unit. Plug and Play with upper classmen are a lost cause

I have more confidence in Monkin being able to coach a two star recruit into being a productive player than Collins doing the same with a four star

That’s fine. You can coach them up but the issue, as we witnessed under the latter part of CPJ career, that doing that is not sustainable model for a P5 team

That’s fine. You can coach them up but the issue, as we witnessed under the latter part of CPJ career, that doing that is not sustainable model for a P5 team
As far as competing with Clemson and UGA as they are currently constructed, I agree. Competing with the rest of our schedule I'd point out that with all of the flaws on the roster Tech still made a bowl game in his last season. I'd also add that our opponents HATED playing against Johnson, which says something. The TO might have been boring at times but it produced results and I think could be a factor in this new world of the portal by getting kids that realize they aren't going to go pro after their first couple of years at a factory but want to get playing time. It's also a fair point to wonder how Johnson could've done with the additional resources that Collins has been given.

As far as competing with Clemson and UGA as they are currently constructed, I agree. Competing with the rest of our schedule I'd point out that with all of the flaws on the roster Tech still made a bowl game in his last season. I'd also add that our opponents HATED playing against Johnson, which says something. The TO might have been boring at times but it produced results and I think could be a factor in this new world of the portal by getting kids that realize they aren't going to go pro after their first couple of years at a factory but want to get playing time. It's also a fair point to wonder how Johnson could've done with the additional resources that Collins has been given.

It’s not about it being boring. It’s the “other” things comes along with it.

Recruiting with one hand tied behind your back and not getting enough ACC caliber athletes to push UGA & Clemson

The TO also allowed the Dukes of the world to raid our state for the talent we usually get. That led to Duke beating us 4/5 matchups.

Again, why do you and others speak of only one side the ball when mentioning TO coaches? History shows that defense suffers due not seeing the same concepts and athletes during as they do on Saturday and ST coverage suffer due to the undersized bodies covering.

Yes, we made a bowl but we also missed 2 bowls in that last graduating cycle. (4yr time span)

It’s not about it being boring. It’s the “other” things comes along with it.

Recruiting with one hand tied behind your back and not getting enough ACC caliber athletes to push UGA & Clemson

The TO also allowed the Dukes of the world to raid our state for the talent we usually get. That led to Duke beating us 4/5 matchups.

Again, why do you and others speak of only one side the ball when mentioning TO coaches? History shows that defense suffers due not seeing the same concepts and athletes during as they do on Saturday and ST coverage suffer due to the undersized bodies covering.

Yes, we made a bowl but we also missed 2 bowls in that last graduating cycle. (4yr time span)
We were shut out 4 times (should’ve been 5 with Temple) in the span of 3 years. I wouldn’t exactly consider that being competitive in games.

Ingrid Bergman is available in the transfer portal. I say we go get him. Convert him to OL and give him to CBK for development!

2/4 guys you mentioned may played 20 plays combined due to injuries that ended their careers (Pendley & Kirby)

That unit hasn’t any had cohesion & normalcy of in 3 yrs.
Season ending injuries are often the coaches fault. Poor S&C, poor drill design, lack of good work ethic causing going thru the motions and getting injured, etc.

The man has put his career on the line staying with CGC, odds are he wont be here much longer. At least I hope not.

Season ending injuries are often the coaches fault. Poor S&C, poor drill design, lack of good work ethic causing going thru the motions and getting injured, etc.
Mental health and head injuries included? Do you even know why our players were medicalled?

Back