Paul Johnson to Ravens mini-camp

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Actually I found an article on PennLive that quoted Harbaugh about his interest in the midline option. So that might be a real thing.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I have always thought that if you implemented CPJ's offense with superior athletes that it would be impossible to stop.

Pretty sure Bill Belichick met with Johnson a few years before he came to GT.

This is from an article written in 2005

Two years ago, Belichick spent two days watching film of the running game at Navy. He had an appreciation for how a program with limited resources could produce what he considers one of the best running games in college football.

"When he told me he wanted to come, I laughed and said, 'Yeah, I can see Tom Brady running the option,' " Navy Coach Paul Johnson said.
So all the guys bitching about the triple option offense are apparently smarter than Bill Belichick.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
I have always thought that if you implemented CPJ's offense with superior athletes that it would be impossible to stop.

So all the guys bitching about the triple option offense are apparently smarter than Bill Belichick.
So when does Bill install the option? Listen there are elements of the option that will do very well in the NFL and Paul is an expert on the run game so there are principals you can learn from him that will improve any team’s offense. But that doesn’t mean you will see an NFL team lining up in the Tech spread option running the ball 85% of the time because it simply won’t work as a base offense

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
So when does Bill install the option? Listen there are elements of the option that will do very well in the NFL and Paul is an expert on the run game so there are principals you can learn from him that will improve any team’s offense. But that doesn’t mean you will see an NFL team lining up in the Tech spread option running the ball 85% of the time because it simply won’t work as a base offense
Well if this was before Paul's time at Tech then Bill's been muddling it around for 11+ years now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to install it. I'm sure we'll see it any day now

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Well if this was before Paul's time at Tech then Bill's been muddling it around for 11+ years now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to install it. I'm sure we'll see it any day now
On a Thursday?

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
I could almost guarantee you these guys don't give a öööö about the triple as we run it, but of the belly series and the blocking schemes. And like him or not, the dude is the foremost expert on this stuff in all of football.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I could almost guarantee you these guys don't give a öööö about the triple as we run it, but of the belly series and the blocking schemes. And like him or not, the dude is the foremost expert on this stuff in all of football.
I think the scope of “this stuff” is where the haters vs the promoters get into fights.

gt2690b

PB time!
I'm glad to see the juice but my dog is named PJ and I'm not renamin him

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer

Not even superior athletes.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
CPJ was the best game day coach for GT I’ve seen in my lifetime. He is a brilliant strategist. And the fact Bellicheck sought out his advice is all the proof you need.

Would be awesome to see some option plays with Lamar Jackson but seriously doubt it’ll happen...especially on a regular basis. Would be awesome to see though.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
This Ravens thing might be just what PJ needs or wants. He gets to watch film, offer some suggestions and recommendations and go back home and watch games with a six pack of Bud Light.

Belichick came to Navy to watch film because he wanted to see if he could find a way to stop that kind of offense. Remember, it was the Pats against whom the Dolphins broke out the Wildcat with Ronnie Brown and ran all over New England that day.
I forgot where I saw it but PJ went to Belichick's dad and asked "what's he doing in there?" and Steve Belichick told PJ "he's scared to death of this offense" or WTTE.
I don't think BB has had any interest in installing it. But trying to find ways to stop it in case he sees it?

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
CPJ was the best game day coach for GT I’ve seen in my lifetime. He is a brilliant strategist. And the fact Bellicheck sought out his advice is all the proof you need.

Would be awesome to see some option plays with Lamar Jackson but seriously doubt it’ll happen...especially on a regular basis. Would be awesome to see though.
Not that many Brian VanGorders in the NFL.