per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

Because the AJC spun the story into something much more malicious and sent it to the NCAA's compliance department. The NCAA was going to ignore it but then John Swofford got wind of it and demanded a full investigation be launched. His proposal is that UNC should now receive some leniency in punishment because the ACC self-reported GT's violations.

I also heard that UNC is going to get the 2009 ACC championship that we have to abandon.

I dont get it, why would this lead to an investigation?:dunno:

O-029-0446.jpg

Incomplete story is all everyone has when there is a breaking news story. It's not like you weren't begging for rumors from demjackets.

1) I'm not a ööööing media outlet
2) He apparently is on staff
3) ????

Because the AJC spun the story into something much more malicious and sent it to the NCAA's compliance department. The NCAA was going to ignore it but then John Swofford got wind of it and demanded a full investigation be launched. His proposal is that UNC should now receive some leniency in punishment because the ACC self-reported GT's violations.
I have trouble believing that Swofford would demand anything other than his appletini be low calorie. More like he politely asked the NCAA to look into Tech while he was sitting and peeing.

No loss of scholarships?
No postseason ban?

If we also get to keep the ACC championship then I don't really care what they do. I can count on one hand the number of players that individually will impact the success of our team right now. Everyone else is just a face in the crowd and if they lose eligibility then they probably deserved it.

I also heard that UNC is going to get the 2009 ACC championship that we have to abandon.

No. It's crap like this that makes GT fans look bad and propagates idiotic rumors. Don't speak up if you don't actually know anything.

What is actually going to happen is that VT will be awarded the championship because we essentially cheated to beat them that year anyway. The ACC has set up a press conference for 6pm to announce it. Kam Chancellor will be there to accept the award from Swofford...he booked his flight one hour before Swofford even made the decision.

No. It's crap like this that makes GT fans look bad and propagates idiotic rumors. Don't speak up if you don't actually know anything.

What is actually going to happen is that VT will be awarded the championship because we essentially cheated to beat them that year anyway. The ACC has set up a press conference for 6pm to announce it. Kam Chancellor will be there to accept the award from Swofford...he booked his flight one hour before Swofford even made the decision.

I'm told that Chancellor is still nursing injuries from the night we beat them in 2009. I'm very interested to see how modern doctors dress a wounded ego.

I'm told that Chancellor is still nursing injuries from the night we beat them in 2009. I'm very interested to see how modern doctors dress a wounded ego.
I'm sure that Kam has known for a while which way this was going to go based on something he saw in game footage.

Don't question my sources. I have it from the tippy top that VPISU is being evicted from the conference as a punishment for UNC's violations.

Don't question my sources. I have it from the tippy top that VPISU is being evicted from the conference as a punishment for UNC's violations.
Actually, we're getting evicted, VPI is getting relocated to Atlanta to play in Bobby Dodd, Butch Davis is getting lifetime achievement award and both Miami and FSU are both getting three extra wins in order to get them into the ACCCG.

Wife just forwarded me this via email she received:

As you may be aware, the NCAA will hold a press conference today at 3 p.m. to announce the results of an investigation it has conducted into alleged violations committed by Georgia Tech. Unfortunately, due to an NCAA request we are unable to provide further details at this time.

In response, Georgia Tech will hold its own press conference with President Bud Peterson and Athletic Director Dan Radakovich beginning at 4:30 p.m. You are welcome to observe the proceedings at the following website: http://www.gatech.edu/ncaa-response.

Please note that this link will not go "live" until after the start of the NCAA press conference at 3 p.m. Eastern. The Institute's own press conference will begin at 4:30 p.m. and can be viewed "live" at that time through the same link. The Institute's own press release and supporting documents will also be available on the same website after the Georgia Tech press conference.

<LI class=last sizcache="8" sizset="251">Also hearing that Georgia Tech penalties will not involve a postseason ban or a loss of scholarships. #gatech @MarkBradleyAJC 28 minutes

<LI sizcache="8" sizset="243">#Gatech update: Former players Demaryius 'Bay Bay' Thomas, Morgan Burnett deny reports of connection to investigation http://bit.ly/rh0raS @ajcsportseditor 7 minutes

<LI sizcache="8" sizset="240">Here's what I'm hearing -- and it's not all that much -- about Georgia Tech and possible NCAA penalties. #gatech http://bit.ly/o3kuSQ @MarkBradleyAJC 2 minutes

Wife just forwarded me this via email she received:

As you may be aware, the NCAA will hold a press conference today at 3 p.m. to announce the results of an investigation it has conducted into alleged violations committed by Georgia Tech. Unfortunately, due to an NCAA request we are unable to provide further details at this time.

In response, Georgia Tech will hold its own press conference with President Bud Peterson and Athletic Director Dan Radakovich beginning at 4:30 p.m. You are welcome to observe the proceedings at the following website: http://www.gatech.edu/ncaa-response.

Please note that this link will not go "live" until after the start of the NCAA press conference at 3 p.m. Eastern. The Institute's own press conference will begin at 4:30 p.m. and can be viewed "live" at that time through the same link. The Institute's own press release and supporting documents will also be available on the same website after the Georgia Tech press conference.

Get this man a chicken dinner. Pretty good look on the streaming site, I didn't know anything about that. Should be avery, very interesting.

Back