per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

Crazy story: NCAA acted on some bullshit lead about Burnett and Thomas. AA asks Burnett and Thomas, who deny allegations. AA tells NCAA to go öööö itself. NCAA says noncompliance and öööös us because we didn't "cooperate." :dunno:

Amazing enough, I think this one is a real possibility.

Wife just forwarded me this via email she received:

... The Institute's own press release and supporting documents will also be available on the same website after the Georgia Tech press conference.

Does anyone know if the NCAA has to provide the source of that triggered this investigation when they provide the results of their investigation.

If GT is already ready to appeal, it's gotta be some BS that started the investigation.

GT's supporting documentation will hopefully embarass NCAA.

the GT stream will be a close-up of Paul Johnson eating a chili dog. It will last 45 minutes.

I can see it now. Then, smashcut and he's standing outside the NCAA limousine holding an FO in his hand. He opens the door to get in the back with the NCAA big shots. Before he shuts the door, we hear him say "Gentlemen." The limo shakes violently as hands slam against the tinted glass and we can only faintly hear screams for mercy interrupted by silence abruptly. Over the course of a few minutes, the shaking slows and then stops completely. Paul Johnson emerges from the limo, un-phased and without a single fleck of blood on him. He sips his drink and stops before he walks completely past the camera, which he looks into and says softly "Beamer. Tonight, you."

And then he's gone.

Amazing enough, I think this one is a real possibility.

It's conceivable. As an investigator (not with NCAA) myself I regularly have employees that don't cooperate during my investigation. Because every employee signs a Code of Conduct that states they must cooperate, they can get into some serious trouble if they choose to dick me around. I'd imagine it works similarly with the NCAA.

I can see it now. Then, smashcut and he's standing outside the NCAA limousine holding an FO in his hand. He opens the door to get in the back with the NCAA big shots. Before he shuts the door, we hear him say "Gentlemen." The limo shakes violently as hands slam against the tinted glass and we can only faintly hear screams for mercy interrupted by silence abruptly. Over the course of a few minutes, the shaking slows and then stops completely. Paul Johnson emerges from the limo, un-phased and without a single fleck of blood on him. He sips his drink and stops before he walks completely past the camera, which he looks into and says softly "Beamer. Tonight, you."

And then he's gone.

How about just a video of CPJ topshelfing the NCAA infractions committee

It's conceivable. As an investigator (not with NCAA) myself I regularly have employees that don't cooperate during my investigation. Because every employee signs a Code of Conduct that states they must cooperate, they can get into some serious trouble if they choose to dick me around. I'd imagine it works similarly with the NCAA.

My thoughts would be (if that is the case) is that considered a major infraction and did the lack of cooperation happen before the magic probation date.

he is probably reading stingtalk or the hive

ESPN has not even published anything about this yet, so I think Bradley is probably right, nothing that big.

Exactly. And they haven't even had a team meeting yet, so I have no idea where he would get that information or, if he did here it from a good source, why on earth he would tweet about it like that.

Does having an attitude qualify as not cooperating?

bowl loss would be the worst [realistic] hit to a current player. (innocent player)

bowl loss would be the worst [realistic] hit to a current player. (innocent player)

true.

also, has anyone noticed that the top of the press conference link says: "July 13th, 2011 | 4:30 - 6:00pm EST"

1 hr and a half press conference :ohnoes:

Back