per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

wife just forwarded me this via email she received:

as you may be aware, the ncaa will hold a press conference today at 3 p.m. To announce the results of an investigation it has conducted into alleged violations committed by georgia tech. Unfortunately, due to an ncaa request we are unable to provide further details at this time.

in response, georgia tech will hold its own press conference with president bud peterson and athletic director dan radakovich beginning at 4:30 p.m. You are welcome to observe the proceedings at the following website: http://www.gatech.edu/ncaa-response.

please note that this link will not go "live" until after the start of the ncaa press conference at 3 p.m. Eastern. The institute's own press conference will begin at 4:30 p.m. And can be viewed "live" at that time through the same link. The institute's own press release and supporting documents will also be available on the same website after the georgia tech press conference.

mvp^^^

will the NCAA's announcement and GT's press conference both be carried on the same link?

Im just hoping we are the calm before the storm and the NCAA is just doing some light housekeeping before breaking out the death hammer for those deserved!

Enuratique's wife >>> demjackets

(just make sure she doesn't get in trouble for you posting these here though)

Get this man a chicken dinner. Pretty good look on the streaming site, I didn't know anything about that. Should be avery, very interesting.
the GT stream will be a close-up of Paul Johnson eating a chili dog. It will last 45 minutes.

No. It's crap like this that makes GT fans look bad and propagates idiotic rumors. Don't speak up if you don't actually know anything.

What is actually going to happen is that VT will be awarded the championship because we essentially cheated to beat them that year anyway. The ACC has set up a press conference for 6pm to announce it. Kam Chancellor will be there to accept the award from Swofford...he booked his flight one hour before Swofford even made the decision.
Bravo! This brought a bit of joy to an otherwise dreary thread.

OK, I need to go run some errands and hop the Tube to get home. Please don't make this thread too much longer in the next hour. ;) I hope to be back online when we move from rumors to actual information.

The NCAA Investigations remind me of:

joseph_mccarthycrop1.jpg

the GT stream will be a close-up of Paul Johnson eating a chili dog. It will last 45 minutes.

Actually, it would be pretty funny if someone hacked the site with a video of CPJ playing golf.

Enuratique's wife >>> demjackets

(just make sure she doesn't get in trouble for you posting these here though)

Yea, that crossed my mind. The only sort of "confidential" info she had was surrounding BeBe an MB. This post about the link is fine. I mean, this isn't like SEC insider trading.

Can we please add an ignore user button?

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:
Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

I would like the names of the individuals from the NCAA who investigated our "misdeeds".
Are our investgators jawja lawschool grads? Or maybe Clemson?
Somehow or another we get canned for meaningless crap and thugs get away w murder.

Does anyone know if the NCAA has to provide the source of that triggered this investigation when they provide the results of their investigation.

If GT is already ready to appeal, it's gotta be some BS that started the investigation.

One thing good can possibly come of this investigation:

Maybe the NCAA will find our defense and passing game. They have both been missing for years.

Back