Pero's Pizza, Junior's Grill, Engineer's Bookstore, the old C&S building....

Very fond memories of Junior's Grill on North Avenue from 1981 until Olympics construction.

First time I went to Juniors, it was breakfast with a group of friends and we had to sit along the back wall on stools and use a very narrow shelf to put our plates on. Place was packed out as usual.... "Over-well, Brooke, with wheat and coffee".... Total was about 88 cents!

For you all that don't know Junior's, that was 2 hard fried eggs, 2 sausage patties, grits with butter, 2 slices of wheat toast with butter and jelly and endless coffee in one of those big ole, heavy, ceramic mugs.

Anne and Tommy were the best and had unbelievable memories. They were always very kind and friendly. And amazingly remembered me, and many other students, too, for years after graduation.

I think I posted this on ST before, but one of my favorite keepsakes from my time @ GT, is a cracked, stained and scarred coffee mug from Juniors. I told Tommy I was getting ready to graduate and that I wanted to buy a coffee mug for a momento. He walks over to the dishwasher and comes back with a brand new mug, still hot from the rinse, as gives it to me as a gift, wouldn't let me pay him for it. I said thanks, but one more request... Could I please have an old cracked, stained and scarred mug, instead of the new one? He said yes, but wanted to know why. I said because it will remind me of all the hard work and tough times at TECH, but also all the good times and friends and the comfort, food and coffee at Junior's. So he brought over a rack of mugs and let me pick one out.

I still have that mug, almost 40 years later, and I use it as a pen and pencil holder.

Good times. Good friends. Good memories.

Go Jackets and God bless!!
French strip, single country on the side. And endless sweet tea. My comfort breakfast. Junior’s was the bomb.

Tommy.JPG

The best there ever was!
I saw Tommy at Perimeter Presbyterian Church several years ago - my brother and his family attend there, and we were visiting - we had a nice quick chat. Amazingly, he still remembered me and the coffee mug! He was not in good health. I have no idea where he is now, or if he is still alive. I hope and pray so. But, if he has passed away, I know that I will see him again in Heaven!

I remember winning a cash game at Stooges one night, and thought it was a good idea to take my winnings to Girls-R-Fun....lmao thanks for the long lasting memories

Anybody remember “Richard’s”???
It was a night club.
I took a date there once to see Ted Nugent & the Amboy Dukes! We were about 5 tables off the stage. The speakers were as big as the wall! After the first few songs, I told my date that we had to leave! The sound was like ice picks being driven into my ears! He was killing me!!

Tommy was such a gentleman. Juniors was great.
Parents got me a meal plan at Brittain first quarter, but still ended up eating at Junior’s for breakfast (when I left time). Plus, I got stuck in Techwood first quarter, so much more convenient.

Parents got me a meal plan at Brittain first quarter, but still ended up eating at Junior’s for breakfast (when I left time). Plus, I got stuck in Techwood first quarter, so much more convenient.
Fall of 1981 - I and three other guys from Valdosta State College all transferred to GT together. As Dual-Degree Program students, we were guaranteed housing. GT had run out of student housing so they leased part of the old downtown YMCA on Luckie Street. Because of the distance to campus and very little to no parking at/near the YMCA, GT paid for monthly MARTA passes for us. So, almost every morning, I would get off the bus at the stop nearest North Avenue and walked the 1.5 blocks to Junior's for breakfast.

The YMCA area could be pretty dangerous at night, if you were alone. So we just learned how to arrange our schedules for safety. BUT the accommodations were really good. Private room with closet, sink, bed, chair, desk and end table. Community bathroom with individual shower stalls and toilet stalls. It was old, but it was quiet, warm in the winter, cool in the warm months, and that MARTA pass would take you about anywhere you wanted to go.

GO JACKTES!! BEAT THE MUTTS!! THWg!!

God bless CBK, staff and our Beloved Yellow Jackets!!

Back