Pero's Pizza, Junior's Grill, Engineer's Bookstore, the old C&S building....

The thread on recalling your first Tech game got me thinking about those early games I went to and there were some great spots on and around campus that are now long gone.

Pero's was a great little pizza spot on North Ave. and on game day it was a great place to hang out before the game. Very lively and active filled with fans getting ready for the game. I have some very clear, great memories of that place.

Would love to see any old photos of any of the old landmarks, buildings or anything of interest on or near campus through the years that are now gone.

Please share here any old photos of any time period that you might have.

Can be anything around campus, on campus or even just the greater midtown areas that is interesting. I would love to see them and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Charlie Pero was a cool dude. Always good for a few free pitchers for the regulars. Then again, they were only $1 for a real sized pitcher back in the day.

Is “Girls R Fun” still open? That sign was a masterpiece of advertising that every business school should study. Just a little roll out sign on Northside. Literally every person in Atlanta knew exactly where it was.
Herpaderp central should’ve been the name. Lol

Did any of guys buy Druyers beer. It was about 4$ a case with returnable bottles. It was sold at the package shop next to the Cheeta. Also JR Crickets
Drewry's. Nasty stuff. Could taste the soap from washing the bottles. Mac's was the liquor store next to Cheetah.

Did any of guys buy Druyers beer. It was about 4$ a case with returnable bottles. It was sold at the package shop next to the Cheeta. Also JR Crickets
Green's Package Store maybe? Damn my memory is fading.

Drewry's was some skunk piss beer. I had way more than enough to know.

Edit: @gojkts nailed it, Macs.

I think more people in this thread are older than me than younger than me.
giphy.gif

Back in the day, with little money, me & my frat brothers would drink Tuborg beer, Mickey malt liquor, & Mogen David 20/20! (Mad Dog!)
Wonder we have any brain cells left!!!
(Maybe not?!?!?)

Pero's was a great little pizza spot on North Ave. and on game day it was a great place to hang out before the game. Very lively and active filled with fans getting ready for the game. I have some very clear hazy, great memories of that place.

Fixed it for you

Green's Package Store maybe? Damn my memory is fading.

Drewry's was some skunk piss beer. I had way more than enough to know.

Edit: @gojkts nailed it, Macs.

Are you thinking of Mac’s? That was the beer store of choice when I was there Across from the Cheetah. Our fraternity used to have ‘bad beer nights’ on Thursday. We’d get Blatz or Olympia to warm up and then head over to the Wreck Room for pitcher races. Why a dump that place was, but it sure was fun!

Are you thinking of Mac’s? That was the beer store of choice when I was there Across from the Cheetah. Our fraternity used to have ‘bad beer nights’ on Thursday. We’d get Blatz or Olympia to warm up and then head over to the Wreck Room for pitcher races. Why a dump that place was, but it sure was fun!
There was a Greens too.. a friend of a friend knocked a gastate girl up and dropped out of tech to manage the store

I was lucky enough to go to Juniors with my dad. By the time I got to Tech it was Highland Bakery.

Zesto’s is still kicking, there’s one at Little 5 Points

Nope, that one closed a while back, as did the one on Ponce and the one on Piedmont. Still open in East Atlanta and Forest Park, though, it looks like.

JRjr

I was lucky enough to go to Juniors with my dad. By the time I got to Tech it was Highland Bakery.

Honestly, Juniors on campus only half counts. The version on North Ave was more of the real deal. (I did go to the last day of the Tech Tower location to pay my respects, though.)

Who did you see play there? Any big name punk bands?
Oh yeah, REM, B-52’s, many others that I can’t even recall.
Even got to play in a band there myself a couple of times.
Athens had its scene, but everyone wanted to come to ATL and play 688.

Back