Pero's Pizza, Junior's Grill, Engineer's Bookstore, the old C&S building....

Okeefe
okeefe_gym_1976.jpeg

What was the place in late 70s/early 80s near campus that was an old bank converted to bar/restaurant - I think they still had the vault inside? I seem to remember it being call Banks BBQ. Our FASET leader took us there.

I think Pero's moved my sophmore year maybe? 93-94.

we actually ate at Pero's this week on the way to the game .. saw two other GT familes there doing same thing.

I'm guessing PJ Haley's Nest is long gone by now. That and the 3rd street pub were popular campus dive bars in the 80s.

Where/when was Pero's Pizza?
anyone know the name of a pizza place a few hundred yards or more west of BDS on North ave,maybe around the end of Cherry Street?
penny a beer night at One-eyed Jacks..where was this bar?

anyone know the name of a pizza place a few hundred yards or more west of BDS on North ave,maybe around the end of Cherry Street?

Pero’s was there early 90’s. Just beyond the old AE building on the other side of North Ave.

I'm guessing PJ Haley's Nest is long gone by now. That and the 3rd street pub were popular campus dive bars in the 80s.

The last time I saw PJ Haley's it was a pile of brick rubble with a fence around it, and that was many years ago. I regret not getting out of the car and taking a brick as a souvenir - Lord knows I spent enough time and money in there to deserve one. I could drive to my off-campus apartment from there with my eyes closed, and did so on several occasions.

Cholie's was the name of the location of Pero's prior to being Pero's.

Don't have a picture of the building, but I do have many memories of eating the best pizza I've ever had...the "garbage pizza".
1700505483585.png
I looked up that street address and remember eating pizza around there between 1974 and 1978
Does this look like it?
1700510930546.jpeg

Pero's was there in 1985 when we played Auburn. We ate there before the game then went and watched this legendary display of speed by Bo Jackson.

We lost a close one 17-14 and went on to have a 9-2-1 season ending the season beating Ugag and Michigan State in the HOF bowl.

I looked up that street address and remember eating pizza around there between 1974 and 1978
Does this look like it?
1700510930546.jpeg

Seems about right. I think the Hampton Inn is there now, but back in the late '70s I think the Engineer's Bookstore was next door to the right, and then another place called Cholie's took the spot where Engineer's was.

There was an episode of the Dukes Of Hazzard where they came to Atlanta for some reason. Notice the original Mellow Mushroom location in the background.
1700512784662.png

There was an episode of the Dukes Of Hazzard where they came to Atlanta for some reason. Notice the original Mellow Mushroom location in the background.
1700512784662.png
That Mellow Mushroom site had walls you could use chalk on. Someone did a chalk rendering of the bridge of the Starship Enterprise in the early 70's.

That Mellow Mushroom site had walls you could use chalk on. Someone did a chalk rendering of the bridge of the Starship Enterprise in the early 70's.
I think that was M.J. Pippin's with the chalk on the walls. By the late '70s Mellow Mushroom was pretty much a take-out only location.

Back