Photo of Overturned Forward Pass

They should have called it a fumble in the first place but I didn't think there was enough to overturn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For us, not many. And being ruled after the fact in the score sheet and in real-time on the field are different things.

If it happened often, we'd get a lot more flags for ineligible man downfield than we do.

Not quite...

Ineligible Receiver Downfield
ARTICLE 10. No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone has been thrown (A.R. 7-3-10-I and II).

Dammit, just put your öööö pic on here.

can't or don't feel like it...here you have to link to a web URL and i don't feel like doing photobucket or flikr or whatever, there its just drag and drop.

however, if you want you can, just got to the hive and copy the pictures and post for us.

can't or don't feel like it...here you have to link to a web URL and i don't feel like doing photobucket or flikr or whatever, there its just drag and drop.

however, if you want you can, just got to the hive and copy the pictures and post for us.

No.

33jacket's pictures don't really convince me it was a lateral.

So this this.

Any and all of your crazy ideas are trumped by the measurement problem - human beings are doing the measuring and interpretation of the rules. As such, the amount of precision needed to identify the scenario you're referring to is impossible.
He was CS.

Another way to look at it: The QB wasn't trying to throw it forward so what happened was what was deserved. Whether it was forward or not is a technicality, it was an option pitch. It would have just been a lucky break for Southern if it was a forward pass.

Here's a reply to that picture

http://247sports.com/attachments/2-jpg.413/

In the first picture you can see the ball is behind the yard marker on the sideline. In the second picture it is over it. Forward pass.

Also notice the black line is drawn forward of the red line.

"A pass is forward if the ball first strikes the ground, a player, an official or anything else beyond the spot where the ball is released. All other passes are backward passes. When in question a pass thrown in or behind the neutral zone is forward rather than a backward pass."

hmm

Yeah, that's when there's a question about a pass, but what if there's a question about a pitch?

In the first picture you can see the ball is behind the yard marker on the sideline. In the second picture it is over it. Forward pass.

ball was helicoptering...you have to watch it frame by frame and you can see the center of the ball was about the same the whole time. it was the right call but if there is question it was the wrong call since any pass has to be considered fwd if there is question.

So you're saying that there is no "inconclusive" evidence then? That's what the rule calls for. Makes no difference now, but BAD CALL to reverse the on field ruling in that instance.

I'm a certified high-school official. It was obviously a backward pass. Also, note the fact that the person who tipped the pitch was being held.

The officials missed/made a number of bad calls Saturday. It is hard to say if their calls affected the outcome of the game, because, shamefully, there were many of them that benefitted each side. Failing to call that a backwards pass on the field was among them, and fortunately, for the sake of competition, it was corrected.

Back