Photo of Overturned Forward Pass

Why do you care? I live in Savannah have two young kids. I "was" a season ticket holder since 1991 (bought back my college years when I graduated) and a club ticket holder as well since its inception. IT doesn't interest me to support this team that the school has deemed a complete charity case. GT football just isn't as important to attend as it once was. There are other interests in my life. Once my kids are older and its easier, and if GT makes some conscious effort to want to field a ööööing real team, I'll buy again. Until then, I'll spend my extra curricular time at the farm or on my boat fishing which my family seems to enjoy also. I will remain a fan at a distance and less invested.

There is no GD way I would carry season tickets if I lived in Savannah.

I would own a boat, and XM radio, and anchor up behind a nice quiet island to listen to the games, where I could jump in the ocean to cool off every time we have a WTF moment or completely and inexplicably blow a game.

In fact, that very thing is about all that got me through the latter Chan Gailey years.

I would own a boat, and XM radio, and anchor up behind a nice quiet island to listen to the games, where I could jump in the ocean to cool off every time we have a WTF moment or completely and inexplicably blow a game.

In fact, that very thing is about all that got me through the latter Chan Gailey years.

Nah, you'd spend that boat money on private school.

Lol.

If I get that far, I'll buy the boat and a couple ipads and homeschool the kids on the boat with whatever educational apps they've invented in ten years.

It's not that bad to live in Savannah and have season tickets. I've had a few iron man days of getting up at 5:30, driving to Atlanta, watching game, and driving home. Sunday morning sucks after one of those days, but I like being at the games and to me it's worth it.

i lived in San Diego for a season and still got em. i dont have any kids, though, and i had other reasons to come back to Atlanta a few times. so, while i didnt make all the games, i made like 4 of the home games

and i knew i would be moving back and didnt want to lose me consecutive years streak

i dont begrudge people not coming to the games that much. there are other ways to support the program. i do think that more of the regular posters on this board that do go to games should come to the StingTalk tailgate, even if just to drop by and say hello

it adds something when you have met the people that you insult online, imo.

we wont, we will let the wives of those that come do that. several people already bring their wives. and kids too.

We will try to run by for Miami then. The plans for the last two games have died at the last minute due to an issue with the RV that kept it from making the trip. We still made the games though.

its all good. im not trying to call anyone out. i just think it would be nice to meet more folks in person because it makes it funner when you are later debating on the forum. there is a core group of us that have become pretty good friends.

and at times, the food has been superb! it also ends up being a decent place to find an extra ticket or be able to give one away easily. some of us have even done things outside of football.

there is age diversity, attitude diversity, drink selection diversity and we are pretty welcoming overall. i hope we have a good turnout for Miami. looking forward to meeting you!

#ToHellwithGeorgia

Camera angle is a helluva tool ... !

Beat me to it. Can't get anything out of that pic without seeing a center hash. On TV it was clear to me to be a lateral pitch. QB even seemed to look backwards to me when going to pitch.

i lived in San Diego for a season and still got em. i dont have any kids, though, and i had other reasons to come back to Atlanta a few times. so, while i didnt make all the games, i made like 4 of the home games

and i knew i would be moving back and didnt want to lose me consecutive years streak

i dont begrudge people not coming to the games that much. there are other ways to support the program. i do think that more of the regular posters on this board that do go to games should come to the StingTalk tailgate, even if just to drop by and say hello

it adds something when you have met the people that you insult online, imo.

I wanted to stop by last game but was worried about timing with the buzz memory photo thing I signed up for. I will definitely stop by next game.

Nah, by this time of year I'm tired of boating.

I'm here, got 3 kids under 10, and they all want to know when is the next GT game. They love going and I love taking them. Depending on the start time, we spend either Friday or Saturday night in a hotel. But it's worth it 6 or 7 weekends a year.

I'm going to have to slowly make major changes to my level of investment in the outcome of crucial games before I start exposing my children to my in-game reactions.

It's going to be tough.

Nah, by this time of year I'm tired of boating.

I'm here, got 3 kids under 10, and they all want to know when is the next GT game. They love going and I love taking them. Depending on the start time, we spend either Friday or Saturday night in a hotel. But it's worth it 6 or 7 weekends a year.

Fredge is a diehard and a glutton for punishment. I was diehard, but then I've come to the conclusion that GT the school cared a lot less about football than I did. My other hobbies are bow hunting and fishing and once you plan the calendar out, owning season tickets just didn't make any sense when 3/4 of the games I had to sell so I could be in a deer stand or on a boat somewhere. At 5 and 6 years old My girls rather be at the farm than at a football game.

Fredge is a diehard and a glutton for punishment. I was diehard, but then I've come to the conclusion that GT the school cared a lot less about football than I did. My other hobbies are bow hunting and fishing and once you plan the calendar out, owning season tickets just didn't make any sense when 3/4 of the games I had to sell so I could be in a deer stand or on a boat somewhere. At 5 and 6 years old My girls rather be at the farm than at a football game.

Maybe that'll change if you run your boat aground at 11 at night. :biggrin:

I'm going to have to slowly make major changes to my level of investment in the outcome of crucial games before I start exposing my children to my in-game reactions.

It's going to be tough.

I was in the same boat. I realized what BOR says below about GT caring less than me.

Shot dove last weekend. Had a fish fry afterwards. Will deer hunt this weekend. My kids enjoy it a lot more than watching me curse.

Back