Pitt - 3.5

Kenny Pickett has been what Sam Howell was supposed to be this year. His stats are off the damn charts.

We have to be able to generate another good pass rush to win this and we will have to score a lot of points too.
Nobody has given him the smack him down yet, hopefully our boys are up to the challenge. I’ve a feeling our whole team is still pissed about last years game

I fully expect CGC and the defensive staff to throw more wrinkles in the defensive game plan. To my untrained eye, it looks like have done slightly different/unexpected things in the last 2 games.

Does Keion White play this weekend or not? The DL has played better but I’d like to see White contribute when he can.

Pitt is very good? I disagree.

Their resume:
  • Win vs Massachusetts. meh
  • Win vs Tennessee. This is their one “quality” win. UT is worse than UNC and they didn’t win by as much of a margin as we did against UNC.
  • Loss vs Western Michigan. This was only two weeks ago, unlike our opening game fluke against NIU. Must’ve been looking forward to their game against the Little Sisters of the Poor aka New Hampshire.
  • Win vs New Hampshire. That’s like a win against a high school team
Can they put up points? Yes, but they haven’t played a solid defense, either.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely win. I’ve watched CFB for long enough to know there are no guarantees. If we play anywhere near how we played on Saturday, we whipe the floor with Pitt.

Ok, I didn't know about the Western Michigan loss. I just remember watching a chunk of their game vs. Tennessee and thinking they were good. Tennessee is down but it was still a good win in a tough environment.

Something that Collins needs to hammer into the team's head this week (especially the offense) is that Narduzzi is going to have his team playing dirty. There's going to be a lot of jawing, stuff happening at the bottom of piles, etc. It wouldn't even surprise me if he brings a hitman in to try knocking Gibbs or Sims out of the game. Discipline and keeping their heads on a swivel is going to be key as the game wears on. When we take the lead this will magnify in intensity.

Ok, I didn't know about the Western Michigan loss. I just remember watching a chunk of their game vs. Tennessee and thinking they were good. Tennessee is down but it was still a good win in a tough environment.
Looking at the efficiency rankings on ESPN, Pitt is basically UNC with a somewhat better defense. I hope that bears itself out on Saturday.

Looking at the efficiency rankings on ESPN, Pitt is basically UNC with a somewhat better defense. I hope that bears itself out on Saturday.
Pitt is gonna look like they are running in quicksand wearing concrete shoes against our speed on offense at the skill positions. Bringing in Smith with fresh legs in the 4th quarter against UNC was genius. All the sudden, you have a player that could start at almost any other D1 school coming in fresh and feeling good. If our OL takes a step up, please God, we will win going away.

Nobody knows how good Pitt is. I'm not sure how good we are but I feel stronger in knowing how good we are than knowing anything about Pitt.

I'm not sure anyone even knows how bad Clemson is at this point. Look at this stat line, good gracious. I haven't seen offensive stats like that since the Reggie Ball era of GT.

Last edited:
Nobody knows how good Pitt is. I'm not sure how good we are but I feel stronger in knowing how good we are than knowing anything about Pitt.

I'm not sure anyone even knows how bad Clemson is at this point. Look at this stat line, good gracious. I haven't seen offensive stats like that since the Reggie Ball era of GT.

We know exactly how bad Clemson is. One pick 6 worse than UGA.

We know exactly how bad Clemson is. One pick 6 worse than UGA.

I'm not convinced we know how good GA is. Supposedly their QB was injured for the game.

That NC State game wasn't close. State beat the öööö out of Clemson in every way except the score, and then still won. Clemson is very, very bad right now. (for them)

Based on field results I'd say Clemson's got 8 wins max this year. Maybe less.

Pitt is very good? I disagree.

Their resume:
  • Win vs Massachusetts. meh
  • Win vs Tennessee. This is their one “quality” win. UT is worse than UNC and they didn’t win by as much of a margin as we did against UNC.
  • Loss vs Western Michigan. This was only two weeks ago, unlike our opening game fluke against NIU. Must’ve been looking forward to their game against the Little Sisters of the Poor aka New Hampshire.
  • Win vs New Hampshire. That’s like a win against a high school team
Can they put up points? Yes, but they haven’t played a solid defense, either.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely win. I’ve watched CFB for long enough to know there are no guarantees. If we play anywhere near how we played on Saturday, we whipe the floor with Pitt.
Their resume might not be impressive but we better bring it like we did against UNC or they will tear us apart. Pickett is the real deal.

Pitt is not very good. Every UT fan is PO'd about that loss. Bad execution on offense left the defense in bad spots and led to Pitt scoring drives. That said this is the type of game that Collins loses. Just like last year, feeling good about beating FSU then getting their doors blown off by UCF. I foresee a 42-24 type of win for Pitt and I hope I'm wrong. Sorry but I'm still out on this coach. I grew up in Georgia but I live in Tennessee and married a UT girl so I follow both programs closely. Collins is Butch Jones. Butch could recruit and he had an offensive system that would sometimes have success. But sometimes not. in 2016 Butch beat UF and GA but then that same season lost to bad SCAR and vandy teams to miss out on a 10 win season. Butch had all the coach-speak and just like Colins has the 404 Butch had the Brick-by-Brick. But fact is there were games they would lose that they just shouldn't have lost. And you might say that happens everywhere right? We all remember Saban losing to ULL in his first season at Bama. But that's different. I'm not talking about having a bad game, I'm talking about losing a game where you just look ill-prepared or disinterested. I really hope Collins isn't Butch 2.0 because Tech is in a much worse spot to fix coaching. People laugh at UT for their coaching searches but the fact is there isn't a coach in America that UT cannot afford to pay, their biggest booster owns the Cleveland Browns and sometimes that's a bad thing because the fans expect to hire the big name coach when the up-and-coming assistant may be a better fit. But Tech cannot say the same thing about money so to start over it's just a different spot. Sam Pittman went to Arkansas on a "prove it" contract and made it clear that he wanted to be there. Collins made the same claims about Tech and wanting to be here and to prove himself to everyone, but requiring a 7 year contract says otherwise.

Back