PJ... Extend or not to extend, that is the question!

Extend, Don't Extend, or Wait

• Total voters
Bottom line: We can't compete recruiting. I don't know all the reasons why but we can't.

Until we fix ^^^^, PJ should be our coach. As tired as I am of losing, I think we could be a lot worse. Thankfully PJ keeps us relatively relevant.

I think we should extend him before the UGA game if we win one of the next two and are competitive in our potential losing effort. A higher salary with lower buyout is my preference but the GTAA hasn't called to ask my opinion as of yet. To kill two birds with one stone I do believe we could come to terms CPJ would agree to. At 57 he could be with us for the duration of his coaching career.

I cant see why he would take less security with an extension? That security has pretty much made everybody, including the fans, patiently weather some pretty stormy weather the past couple years. If you give the GTAA an easy out, then boosters may have an itchy trigger finger compared to something that would clearly set us back several years financially.

Bottom line: We can't compete recruiting. I don't know all the reasons why but we can't.

Until we fix ^^^^, PJ should be our coach. As tired as I am of losing, I think we could be a lot worse. Thankfully PJ keeps us relatively relevant.

Funny, we've beaten two teams with much higher recruiting rankings than our own and have a team that is showing it can compete with any team we line up against. Our losses this year haven't been from deficiencies in recruiting. Also, our class this year is looking to be one of our best since Gailey. Pretty soon, posters like you are going to run out of things to bitch about :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Funny, we've been two teams with much higher recruiting rankings than our own and have a team that is showing it can compete with any team we line up against. Our losses this year haven't been from deficiencies in recruiting. Also, our class this year is looking to be one of our best since Gailey. Pretty soon, posters like you are going to run out of things to bitch about :rolleyes:

I had some questions about the D-line before we lost 7 guys. A lot of that is related to switching from the 3-4 to the 4-2-5, though.

Interesting to see John Davis apparently wants a new coach period.

I thought he (like me) didn't like Sewak coaching. Didn't know PJ's offense has ever been the problem.

Maybe that's it, but I could've swore he's been pretty consistent with his belief that CPJ's offense is undewhelming.

You people are delusional. What part of Paul Johnson's high school defense are you so crazy about? You want to sign this guy up for more pain? You guys are out of your ööööing minds. Remember Wofford? Tulane? How about North Carolina? Too soon? Look in a mirror. You're looking at an idiot. A jibber jabbering idiot.

I'm 100% sure John has more contacts in the GTAA than anyone on this board. I mean good lord he's personal friends with our defensive coordinator.

If he says Johnson wanted out, then I believe him. But it could be that Johnson just got caught up on a bad day and said somethings he didn't mean. He appears to be happier now. I guess we'll know for sure this offseason.

I'm sure John has his reasons for not liking Johnson. Hopefully if Johnson is going to be here much more long term, John will come around.

Top25 Total Offense, Top10 Time of Possession, Top10 Passing Efficiency, Top20 Scoring Offense, top5 Rushing Offense, #1 Passing Yards per Completion, Top20 1st Down Offense, #11 4th Down Conversion rate, and #1 3rd Down Conversion rate in the nation are

That's actually an interesting thread to read looking back. Mover said Johnson had lost the locker room. Then we had the offseason from hell where it seems attrition was super high. That's probably related.

I'm betting those two things are related. I'm also betting that the mood in the locker room is a lot better now.

That's actually an interesting thread to read looking back. Mover said Johnson had lost the locker room. Then we had the offseason from hell where it seems attrition was super high. That's probably related.

I'm betting those two things are related. I'm also betting that the mood in the locker room is a lot better now.

I just think its a strange paradox that former players may be the least objective "fans."

Typical fans care about winning and losing and maybe that the players are graduating.

Former players care about winning and losing, respect for "their" coach, special access for letter winners, lifting records that were erased from the gym, etc.

I don't care about any of that crap unless someone can prove to me it hurts recruiting.

And FWIW, I am not saying they don't want what is best for the Program.

Maybe we plan to wait until after the UGA game so we can get a bargain on him if we lose.

How would this help us drive a better bargain? We may care about winning this game. But the rest of the market does not. If a team wants him, he'll only se emarginal gains in value by beating Georgie.

If he beats Georgie, we care about that a lot more, he knows that, and we'll end up paying more.

If he beats Georgie, we care about that a lot more, he knows that, and we'll end up paying more.

Let's just sign him to a contract that pays $5MM for every UGA win and $0 for everything else.

Back