Playoffs?

New poll just dropped:

1701782902282.png

CFP is allowed to operate with an anti-trust exemption by the US government and is therefore subject to increased oversight. The same goes for professional sports.

Rick Scott should arrange an official inquiry and require that information under subpoena. Unfortunately he’s not in a committee they can do that.
Burn it all to the ground

fb4.gif

ESPNews going full HAM. Showing "We're #1: The story of FSU 1999 football" right now.

CFP is allowed to operate with an anti-trust exemption by the US government and is therefore subject to increased oversight. The same goes for professional sports.

Rick Scott should arrange an official inquiry and require that information under subpoena. Unfortunately he’s not in a committee they can do that.
I thought technically CFP doesn't have an anti-trust exemption yet? Thought they've been begging for one and ööööting themselves over the possibility of the question of whether they violate anti-trust making it through court again.

So the SEC lobbies to get all of the SEC teams ranked highly at the beginning of the season and hold them there (despite losing 6 of 10 to the ACC). CFP members look at that incredible strength of schedule and uses that as an excuse to exclude FSU, despite FSU kicking LSU's ass and beating Florida. They use the "star" QB being out, despite Rodeheaver being a hella good QB expected to return. The entire process is bullshit.

If I am ever within any earshot of that moron Boo Boo asshole or Grobe I will ööööing taunt those ööööing antique assholes
Preseason rankings and SOS comments are dead on! What the media and SEC does is obvious, but no one does anything to stop it.

College football is just another reality television show. Reality TV is scripted. Alabama and Texas are bigger stars than Florida State. The networks don’t care about competition. They care about ratings. That’s why the networks spent all season trying to convince viewers that Deion Sanders was the second coming of Bear Bryant.

What’s funny is if Deion coached Florida State, the Seminoles would have qualified for the playoffs with a 12-1 record.

Unfortunately, Brock Glenn will likely live out the rest of his days known mostly as the guy who played so poorly that he caused FSU to lose out on the CFP. I hope he ends up a successful college QB and is able to put that behind him.

Unfortunately, Brock Glenn will likely live out the rest of his days known mostly as the guy who played so poorly that he caused FSU to lose out on the CFP. I hope he ends up a successful college QB and is able to put that behind him.

And the two UF players who targeted Rodemaker will be known as the guys who knocked FSU (literally) out of the CFP. Some great incentives we're creating here.

In the alternate universe of the !960's/1970's, we would have had:

Rose Bowl: #1 Michigan vs. #2 Washington for the MNC.

Cotton: #3 Texas vs. #6UGA(g)
Sugar: #4 Alabama vs. #7 THE Ohio State
Orange: #5 F$U vs. #10 Penn State
Fiesta: #8 Oregon vs. #9 Missouri

Florida State could potentially be playing for a co-championship with a win against a two-loss PSU. An F$U loss would have meant only one undefeated team as #1 and potentially four one-loss teams claiming to be #2.

Florida State could potentially be playing for a co-championship with a win against a two-loss PSU. An F$U loss would have meant only one undefeated team as #1 and potentially four one-loss teams claiming to be #2.

The voting would have been entirely different back then. Guaranteed that FSU would have been in top 3. And Northwest Coast football would have lost out and it would have been UM/FSU.

Unless you are over 60 don't bother rebutting.

Those days were fun … I’m not sure which one I like better.

And the two UF players who targeted Rodemaker will be known as the guys who knocked FSU (literally) out of the CFP. Some great incentives we're creating here.
FSU got screwed, but there's a dose of karma in them getting passed over cause an opposing D took out their QB.

Take a second and think about if it was us in F$U's position. Would you feel the same? They did everything they could have done during the season to get into the CFP besides avoid a season-ending injury to their starting QB. It's ridiculous to punish the other 100+ players because 1 player got hurt.

I would 1000% be complaining just like FSU is but I am absolutely incapable of being objective when it comes to GT.

Back