Playoffs?

The problem is that the committee got to exercise discretion on FSU. There should not have been any discretion there. Undefeated P5 teams should be in unless there aren’t enough spots to go around. That wasn’t the case and fsu should have a spot. The exercise of discretion and analysis of records, other factors, etc should have been between Alabama and Texas.

The problem is that the committee got to exercise discretion on FSU. There should not have been any discretion there. Undefeated P5 teams should be in unless there aren’t enough spots to go around. That wasn’t the case and fsu should have a spot. The exercise of discretion and analysis of records, other factors, etc should have been between Alabama and Texas.
And the chairman, an NC State douchebag, didn't make it clear to the group or set our any direction for selecting the teams. I don't know who all 13 members are, but I'm almost certain half of them have no business being on a committee like this.

I will take it further, if DRad were the chairman of the committee, I can almost guarantee FSU wouldn't have been snubbed.

Anyone thinking that this was possibly a backdoor "P2" and Network move to encourage an early destruction of the GOR so that the ACC implodes sooner rather than later???? (And in turn, the P2 gets to their new Mega contract even sooner)

ESPN talking to Alabama and FSU:

1701701394956.png

Playoff committee got it right. No way is Jordanless FSU better than Alabama. They put up 224 yards of offense against a terrible Florida team (with Rodemaker) and 219 against Louisville. Not top 4 material. Also screw FSU in general, they tried to blow up the ACC just a few months ago for money (after years of doing nothing) but no other conference would have their ass. I hope both teams lose in the Orange Bowl.
Btw I already heard “Georgia doesn’t want to be there” from a dwag this morning. You can’t make this stuff up. Screw FSU and Georgia. Put their tears right in my veins.

Anyone thinking that this was possibly a backdoor "P2" and Network move to encourage an early destruction of the GOR so that the ACC implodes sooner rather than later???? (And in turn, the P2 gets to their new Mega contract even sooner)
I saw 3 men on the grassy knoll.

Playoff committee got it right. No way is Jordanless FSU better than Alabama. They put up 224 yards of offense against a terrible Florida team (with Rodemaker) and 219 against Louisville. Not top 4 material. Also screw FSU in general, they tried to blow up the ACC just a few months ago for money (after years of doing nothing) but no other conference would have their ass. I hope both teams lose in the Orange Bowl.
Btw I already heard “Georgia doesn’t want to be there” from a dwag this morning. You can’t make this stuff up. Screw FSU and Georgia. Put their tears right in my veins.
Also, Oregon is better than Washington, right? No way UW could beat the ducks 3 times in a row.

I said that yesterday during the selection show

I must have missed where we started awarding championships based on yards of offense. 13-0 against a power conference schedule is our only objective data point here. The rest is opinion/speculation. It isn't unheard of for a team to win a big game with a backup QB. Certainly not with a defense like FSU's.

I must have missed where we started awarding championships based on yards of offense. 13-0 against a power conference schedule is our only objective data point here. The rest is opinion/speculation. It isn't unheard of for a team to win a big game with a backup QB. Certainly not with a defense like FSU's.

“Power conference”, talk about subjective

This seems to have been a universal disaster. What has been most shocking to me with reactions today, is that even a vast majority of SEC fans believe this is complete dogshit. They literally had the easiest decision to make with CFP selection this year that would have been completely non-controversial and they decided they'd rather make it as ööööed up as possible.

What's even worse is people on this board completely simping for the committee and their dogshit explanation. Anyone going "hurrdurrrrr you butthurt" is obviously trolling and needs to be ignored.

This seems to have been a universal disaster. What has been most shocking to me with reactions today, is that even a vast majority of SEC fans believe this is complete dogshit. They literally had the easiest decision to make with CFP selection this year that would have been completely non-controversial and they decided they'd rather make it as ööööed up as possible.

What's even worse is people on this board completely simping for the committee and their dogshit explanation. Anyone going "hurrdurrrrr you butthurt" is obviously trolling and needs to be ignored.
Essentially I can boil down the people in favor of the committee decision:

People who try to prove how smart they are in either general intelligence or football. Worst combo would be in both realms. This is where Ohio State fans fall.

“Power conference”, talk about subjective

I mean, they played a good enough schedule for any other team any other year. No one is even arguing they were left out due to strength of schedule. They were left out because their QB got hurt and the committee thinks that will make for bad TV. That shouldn't be a criteria for determining who plays for a championship. It's absurd and basically anti-sports.

And the chairman, an NC State douchebag, didn't make it clear to the group or set our any direction for selecting the teams. I don't know who all 13 members are, but I'm almost certain half of them have no business being on a committee like this.

I will take it further, if DRad were the chairman of the committee, I can almost guarantee FSU wouldn't have been snubbed.

You've NC State's AD in charge, being an asshole. Probably hoping his öööö-rate school gets that SEC invite. Jim Grobe, also being an asshole. Probably still mad that Bobby Bowden stole his lunch for all those years.

Then you've got Kentucky's AD, wonder how they voted (The SEC isn't dumbshit like the ACC). Mchigan's AD. Some dude that served on LSU's board for a while. A token woman who's covered lots of sports.

Back