Please Not Whisenhunt

There seem to be two types of Tech fans when it comes to Whisenhunt:

Fan A: hell no
Fan B: I think it’s a bad move, but I trust TStan

The last time Tech fans were this unified in a decision... actually I don’t think Tech fans have ever been this unified.
Reminds of Capitals GM George mcPhee (if TS goes through with it) saying, “if [the fans] knew anything about the game they’d be in it.”

He was later fired and then the Caps beat his new team in the SCF. This is what will happen if we let the 3 college coaches go and hire Wiz. I would only accept Wiz if it’s an obvious stop gap and someone like Tony Elliot is brought in as OC and HC-in-waiting.

My tinfoil hat makes me wonder if the money guys have promised to donate a lot if they get their Tech man...
Do you really need to wonder this? This is exactly what’s happening.

Why don't we just auction off each game next year. Highest bidder gets to coach that game. Results would probably be about the same and we get paid instead of paying some guy that is going on 30 years since he's had anything to do with college.
I'm sure some of you guys could win us a game or two.

Reminds of Capitals GM George mcPhee (if TS goes through with it) saying, “if [the fans] knew anything about the game they’d be in it.”

He was later fired and then the Caps beat his new team in the SCF. This is what will happen if we let the 3 college coaches go and hire Wiz. I would only accept Wiz if it’s an obvious stop gap and someone like Tony Elliot is brought in as OC and HC-in-waiting.

It would be, at best, a lateral move for Elliot. That ain’t happening.

Yes, there are some truly ludicrous ideas floating around here these days. Why would someone move from being Clemson's OC under a wildly successful HC who wins championships, to being GT's OC under a new coach with a lot of hurdles to surmount? Why would Tech's brand new HC allow one of his assistants to be named HC-in-waiting? The HC just arrived here but somebody who hasn't done anything here is already waiting to take his place...? Huh?

It would be worse than a lateral move. At Clemson he'll be the OC of the team that probably makes 50% of the future national championship games. It's unlikely that will happen at GT. He's also a Clemson alumnus.

And maybe a pay cut.
Doubt that. Elliott is making $240k at Clemson now as a "co-coordinator." For comparison, Nate Woody is making $575k this year, $600k contract for next year. If we got him in as sole offensive coordinator, we would likely pay him well more than he's making now, but you have to convince him to leave his alma mater, and a championship program to do basically the same job he's doing now.

Doubt that. Elliott is making $240k at Clemson now as a "co-coordinator." For comparison, Nate Woody is making $575k this year, $600k contract for next year. If we got him in as sole offensive coordinator, we would likely pay him well more than he's making now, but you have to convince him to leave his alma mater, and a championship program to do basically the same job he's doing now.

Elliott is making closer to $1m

http://footballscoop.com/news/clems...8-season-led-2-million-salary-brent-venables/

Don't see why people like these position coaches at factories with no HC experience. Easy to be great recruiters at Clemson or Alabama. Show me someone who has succeeded when working under constraints like Tech's

Don't see why people like these position coaches at factories with no HC experience. Easy to be great recruiters at Clemson or Alabama. Show me someone who has succeeded when working under constraints like Tech's
Factory coordinators tend to be better than non factory coordinators because factories have the cash to hire virtually anyone. Also there’s a belief that factory coordinators have the blueprint to be a factory.

Same thing happens in business. People want Apple / Google / GE / Goldman / McKinsey alumni.

Back