Post game Discussion 111.12.3

A lot of late CPJ-led Tech games against Clemson looked pretty similar to this one…
You mean when they were in 2/3 national title games and the semifinal in between?

This has to change.
IMG_3389.jpeg

Clabe Klubnik had a career day, and Clemson exposes Tech’s porous D. The Tech defense got no help from H. King, who’s very inconsistent as he returned to BG and BC games form.

Team played bad but let’s not kid ourself. I thought we should have beaten Louisville, BG, BC, should have lost ole miss in better form. Maybe should have lost Miami.
We weren’t beating Clemson on our best day.

12pm kickoff meant our boys were asleep too. They’ll be awake and caffeinated for 8pm at home. I hope it’s good weather and we have a decent turnout.
I'm gonna be there bringing it. Team needs to curb stomp Syracuse. There is no excuse for losing our next game. None.

That's an excuse.
I mean they lost 3 games in that span total 2 to Alabama who won the National Title. We weren’t the only one they were spanking. It’s not an excuse jus saying we didn’t happen to be ready to beat a national title contender those seasons. We were still very good in my mind. Got a little unlucky overall in 2017 less so in 2018.

This isn’t nearly as bad as losing to Bowling Green or almost everything that happened when the clown was coaching, so there’s that.

Beat Cuse, and we go to a bowl. Gotta happen.

We had 3 (maybe 4) straight drives where we lost yards on 1st down in the 3rd quarter. No adapting to the game by the offensive coaches coming out of halftime. And why aren’t they using Rutherford the last 2 games? UNC couldn’t handle his shiftiness and speed and we proceed to not use him for 8 straight quarters. Leary, Blaylock, And Janneh have given us nothing other than fair catches on punts by Blaylock. Janneh never blocks on those quick passes to the edge.

Yeah, we gotta flush this game and just understand we are no where near ready to compete with Clemson and the team we play last. Win next week and get some more practice reps in December. And this is exactly why JBatt didn‘t keep Clemson as a protected rival. We could be 6-4 right now on a 3 game winning streak if we had played just about anyone else in the ACC other than Clemson and FSU. The positive press would have been great just like the love we were getting on Game Day this morning. Now, we just got destroyed on national TV and are back to being irrelevant. Thankfully JBatt knows we gotta stop playing games we are clearly gonna lose. Starting off against FSU next year is gonna set us back again on national TV.
Disagree. I'd rather see our guys play teams that are perceived to be better than us to get a real gauge about where our team falls in the pecking order, as opposed to the Bowling Greens, Northern Illinois, or random FCS team that comes out and beats us.

This isn’t nearly as bad as losing to Bowling Green or almost everything that happened when the clown was coaching, so there’s that.

Beat Cuse, and we go to a bowl. Gotta happen.
Like losing to MTSU?

In his post-game presser, Haynes King said, "They just had a really good scheme. They played hard. Physical, fast. We just couldn’t convert, couldn’t make that play which seemed to be happening the last two weeks. It happens. Sometimes you just gotta find a way." My response to that is that yes, King had a bad day, but what he said about what worked the last 2 weeks, but not yesterday is not on him; it's on Buster Faulkner for not having any plays to call that made adjustments for what Clemson was doing. TERRIBLE play-calling yesterday by Faulkner.

Back